View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 12:16 PM
If I knew for sure without question that someone was mistreating/abusing their dog, yes I would without question report it. I would also keep ringing up to check what had been done about it.

Without putting myself at risk, I certainly wouldn't let it lie.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes I would, yes I have, RSPCA did nothing, I sorted it!
yes I did too a long time ago and the 2 dogs that where being neglected lived long and happy lives one with my friend that helped me in their rescue, and the other with my family.
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Same here, I took a German Shepard puppy off a gentleman after I saw him kicking it repeatedly in the stomach, certainly with enough force to rupture an organ...

I didn't see the point of trying to report it and I didn't have the time or inclination, I just took the dog off him and let him know that was that was the end of the matter. I have no issue in that situation in taking the dog off someone who was not able to understand that he was kicking a living creature nearly to death and I think I did the right thing. I still see the dog, he has a great family and a happy life and I'm not sure that that would be the case had I waited to report the guy to the RSPCA.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Too fricking right I would report them. I've seen enough animal cruelty to last to the end of time and it seems to be set in 2 categories: the first being deliberately cruel and sadistic and the other being down to ignorance/lack of understanding or negligence. All cruelty should be reported so i wouldn't hesitate and don't think I understand those who walk past or ignore it either.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2010, 01:07 AM
First of all its absolutely no good reporting to the RSPCA unless they have a financial gain out of it as that is all they are interested in. Take a look at their HQ and you will see where the money goes.

The best thing is to find out where the person lives and notify the local newspaper with photos if possible. I could suggest giving the person the same treatment as they give the dog so they know how it feels.

Tumbleweed
Sandra_Nic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Reading these stories makes my skin crawl. Thankfully, I've never witnessed animal cruelty.

If I did....I would have to take the law in to my own hands. I would liberate the dog, no matter what.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure I would be able to contain myself. Dependent on the perpetrator, I would probably resort to physical violence myself......
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I saw someone once with a small Black Lab bitch on the Heath where I walk my 2. He yanked it up by the lead and made it go through the air for a few feet without touching the ground whilst shouting at it. I was horrified but as he looked so aggressive I didn't feel I could put myself at risk as I have a neck and arm injury and am in constant pain myself. If my husband had been with me I would have said something. Now I have a legal attack spray I carry with me I also would say something. What a horrible person! If I had known where he lived I would definitely have reported him to the RSPCA.

Cruelty comes in different forms though-my work colleague who is disabled and has a disabled wife, has a dog that is never walked as it is fear aggressive. It spends its life in their garden. I too have a dog who was very fear-reactive but she gets plenty of exercise and is much improved. Withholding exercise from a dog that needs it is also cruel in my opinion. If he lived near me I would offer to walk and train it for him but he doesn't.
alady??
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Too fricking right I would report them. I've seen enough animal cruelty to last to the end of time and it seems to be set in 2 categories: the first being deliberately cruel and sadistic and the other being down to ignorance/lack of understanding or negligence. All cruelty should be reported so i wouldn't hesitate and don't think I understand those who walk past or ignore it either.
Absolutely agree good post
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2010, 08:28 PM
I could never ever ignore cruelty to any animal. If a dog was being abused in front of me then I would forget about my own safety (rightly or wrongly) and wade in. In fact I have done this once in the past.

I have reported cruelty of a more subtle nature on more than one occasion, but unfortunately the RSPCA did very little.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >