View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Jenny, it was dark when she brought Jimmi back but I remembered that she was sort of short with glasses, with short hair. Lots of people fit that description around here, but Jimmi never normally shows interest in people so it just had to be food related

Nippy, HL can cook and frequently does on the nights when we both feel like different things. I do mine, and he does his

Lore, racing engines are really annoying so I hope that it stops soon. Good luck with the D of E thing - I remember my brothers doing that about a hundred years ago!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Jenny, it was dark when she brought Jimmi back but I remembered that she was sort of short with glasses, with short hair. Lots of people fit that description around here, but Jimmi never normally shows interest in people so it just had to be food related

Nippy, HL can cook and frequently does on the nights when we both feel like different things. I do mine, and he does his
Nice idea, on those nights here I do both
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Just read the last posts. I told Steve he had to cook his own dinner tonight because I had a bad day 3 walks and wet every time was too much for me. So since he did not offer to do any of the walks I decided it was time he cooked but by then I was passed eating. He cooked himself some sausages and mash and beans and left me some cold sausages which I ate later with the help of Amber!

Sally, hope you are feeling better tonight.

June hope that rib of yours is on the mend at last, not that you give it much chance to heal.

Helena, hope you managed to get the new fridge installed in the van today and everything else you needed to do done.

Jenny, there is so much that you are trying to get done. I would use a weak solution of bleach as the EVA have recommended.

Nippy, Jen, do hope Brian's foot is so much better today.

I am away to bed now so take care all and have a good night. Take care, Goodnight, God bless.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Nippy, I was going to suggest that you train him to do his own - but on second thoughts I would stick with your current system. It takes me ages to clear up after HL, and the dishwasher just cannot physically cope!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Night MOYRA,sleep well xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Moyra I had to laugh at the sausage, mash and beans......that is such a male thing Night night and sleep well.

Nippy, I am soooooo sorry, I haven't asked about that foot of Brians. Is it still awful?
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:30 PM
All this talk of OH's cooking. Mine used to be a Cook Sergeant in the Territorial Army for donkeys years but you wouldn't know it now. The only thing he ever cooks is a curry every few months If I'm not home at any time for his meals I have to either find something simple & sort all the stuff out for him or get some left overs out of the freezer he can warm up & then I have to tell him how to do it
He used to be in charge of cooking quite elaborate meals for the Dinners there etc as well as the normal weekend stuff & was apparently very good at it -- according to him anyway
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hi guys

Rosebud, friend of mine today says that when she stayed in Shetland sometimes the Northern Lights would sing to you. You could actually hear them making hissing noises and things. Astonishing! I'm really annoyed that I missed them last night

Ah well, today was decent, work was just the usual crack. Although I had zero patience for the kids in the first class I was in. Some of the girls are good but the boys are just little brats who have no sense of self control or discipline. The teacher doesn't help, he has no control over them. He's a nice bloke but my god he can't get them to settle down and behave.

Tonight, well went mad buying goodies, bought dog food and that was about it. Going to chill out tonight after I cook dinner, and watch TV. That is the extent of my plans.
yes i was going to add that. I never heard that but someone near me said it was like tearing paper.

I well remember some nights standing outside in my wellies ankle deep in mud, rapt watching the Merrie Dancers and unable to go back indoors.

The forecast is for clear skies and frost which is ideal conditions so maybe... We were so far north of course..Light at midnight in summer and hardly light at all in winter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Evening Sally and everyone.
Gorden text at 4.34pm to say he was leaving London he got in around 8.15pm. Right in the middle of Corrie a mad dog, trying to do pizza. pour wine and make a cuppa while watching Corrie. Then a lorry only a smallish one big ones not meant to come down our road sat outside the cottage engine running vibrating through the cottage seemed they were lost so in the Gorden went out to ask them to turn the engine off if they were going to be there some time but he said they were just leaving which they did.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:38 PM
You have him spoilt LYNNE
Mine can cook,he just doesn't peel If you prepare everything,he'll cook away Doesn't do washing up,not sure if he knows we even own a dishwasher doesn't know which is which when it comes to the tumble drier and washing machine either
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >