View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Fingers all crossed here for Mark, Lynn. Is it the wood yard down the road or almost next to ASDA? I think they are quite good for timber, they gave us a good price for some fence posts, but we didn't need them in the end.

Think that little van can come and collect most of on us here...

I am lucky. cos where I tend to walk my dogs, not many people go, and if they are about, you can go a different way.

Cant believe I've just lit the fire.....it's got decidedly cooler and windy, hope it dosent get too cold, got some eggs due to hatch this weekend otherwise you know where mum and babies will end up.....YUP in the spare bedroom

Off to find something nice for my tea, no idea what, but may nip in later xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone, I haven't read through the thread yet but will do so in a minute.

We had to take the Jimster to the vet this evening, and I have put up a thread about it. Not sure what to think really

On the plus side today, Hozelock sent us a brand new pump for the pond Now that is what I call customer service - so quick, so efficient and no quibble. Also, our lovely maintenance type men came to look at the radiators and things, with a view to replacing them all shortly - it is currently a single pipe system which went out with the ark I gather; however the two bathroom radiator/towel rails are already on a double pipe system for some reason, and they said that it would cost a small fortune to replace those anyway as they are much sought after by interior designers. So those two will stay as they are which saves some money.

Oh, and we have just had fish and chips
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Evening Sally I have responded in your thread.

All these fish and chip suppers are making me hungry.
Mark has emailed and said he hasn't heard anything so he doubts he got the job. They just need a break its not like he is not trying.

Elaine its the timber yard in Upwell . Gorden has given him the measurements and he said he would get back with a price he hasn't and Gorden has been trying all day to ring him and no answer. I know he is open I went past today.
I have set the you view box quite proud of myself
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Lynn having just read about Mark I had crossed my fingers. If he hasn't got the job then I am so sorry - as you say he just needs that break.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Thank you Sally I am hoping they are having a tough decision and he will win. He is getting very down now and he is not the one that usually gets down.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Oh Lynn, I do feel for him - and for you too because of course it is so upsetting and worrying. Let's just hope that as you say, they are still coming to a decision and that there will be good news tomorrow.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Evening all,

Sally I wonder what time is the latest the vet will call you tonight ..... I would have thought if you haven't heard by around 9.15 it will be tomorrow because he must realise that some people go to bed early? I hope you hear soon because I'm sure this waiting is killing you.
Helena What are you like trying to change channels with you phone The other day I found the shoe polish in the fridge and I was the last person to use it I put it down to my multi-tasking wires getting crossed
Mandy What a lovely person you are, not that you had much choice of course but I do hope your friends young lad is OK and I bet little Rosie was so pleased to see you.
Lynn No news may be good news. Maybe he'll get a phone call in the morning. As you say he just needs a break
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Hello Jenny - I had a laugh at poor old H too; the sort of laugh that has empathetic undertones I haven't put shoe polish in the fridge yet (and anyway HL does the shoes) but I have tried to hang keys up in there - and also on one recent occasion put a letter for posting in the bread bin. In my defence, I did spot my mistake straight away.

Mandy, you certainly were a star today, and I hope that the lad recovers from his op very quickly. Rosie must have been so pleased to see you back home safe and sound.!

Jenny, last time this vet did blood tests (on our last dog) he rang at about 11 at night. I am not sure if he will do the same today, but I am living in hope!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Hasn't your lovely vet gone away for a while or something .... I don't mean prison you understand ..... maybe I'm wrong or this is another vet?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Just popping in for a word of support for Lynn and Sally having spotted their posts.

Lynn if your son doesn't get this job I hope he gets the break he deserves and finds something soon. Such a stressful time for him.

Sally - replied on your thread. So sorry to hear about this worry for you.

Reading about some of these traumatic carry ons for some like June when just trying to get their dogs out for a walk leaves me confounded. It isn't the 'dog friendly UK' I am familiar with at all. Maybe depends where in the UK you live or even on particular neighbourhoods?

Occasional problems with numpty owners, yes. But the ongoing daily worry about when and where you can take them? Would remove the most enjoyable thing about owning a dog for me - lovely daily walks with them.

I was obviously blessed for decades in Middx, Berks, Cornwall and Devon. Think back fondly on all our favourite walking spots there. But even 2 years ago when I took Bella back with me it was a pleasure to be back among dog lovers and pubs that welcome them and lots of lovely parks, riverside walks and all that.

I seek out the best places here but Cyprus doesn't welcome dogs everywhere - not at all. And Cypriots are not a nation of dog lovers. Mainly keeping them shut in their yards to bark or caged and taken out for hunting.
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >