Female 

13-03-2008, 12:21 AM
deleted as it came up tiny x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:21 AM

thanks patch for the edit x

sorry for editing it, but dont want fan mail coming through the letter box lol, I wish x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:23 AM
[quote=Malady;1309545]So you do hipscore, or am I missing something ?

That procedure is hip scoring and if you had a score back of clear on both sides 0/0 that is a hip score !

You don't miss much.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:35 AM
[quote=zoeybeau1;1309586]
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
So you do hipscore, or am I missing something ?

That procedure is hip scoring and if you had a score back of clear on both sides 0/0 that is a hip score !

You don't miss much.
lol I would love a 0/0 I was devistated with the one above, the highest I have had untill that was a 3/3
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
So you do hipscore, or am I missing something ?

You don't miss much.
I'm still confused !! You said you dont have them hip scored, but you have them checked............. maybe I've missed a post or something, but what you describe is a hip score, so what's the difference ?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol I would love a 0/0 I was devistated with the one above, the highest I have had untill that was a 3/3
Those are good for Rotts I presume (I can't find my list to check the mean score) but that is nice and low
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Not sure if I am read this thread correctly Zoe you pay £186 just for xrays of hips without having them submitted for scoring.
I pay £194 for both hips and elbows plus BVA costs for scoring.
Of the 9 areas scored not all are related to Hip Dysplasia but to Degenerative Joint Disease, it is possible to have a dog with a score but no HD but to have DJD. HD is not progressive the dog either as it or doesnt, whereas DJD is a progressive disease. For a dog to be clear of DJD it must have 0 scores in the last six boxes, this condition also has a genetic base.
I am not a breeder but Hip and Elbow score all my dogs then if there is DJD present by use of supplements such as Cosequin DS the progression of the condition can be dramatically slowed. I also know what activities I can compete in with the dog without causing problems in later life. Like ED, HD does not always show clinical signs and it is possible for a dog to have a 0:0 score on hips and also then to score 3 on elbows, I know as one of mine has these scores. Before this my highest hip score as been 2:4 but no sign of DJD.
My Breed mean score is 19 with a range of 0-106 with a total of 38,167 score up untill Nov 2007.
The boxer mean breed score is 16, with a range of 0-75 but only 366 boxers have been scored under the BVA scheme.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm still confused !! You said you dont have them hip scored, but you have them checked............. maybe I've missed a post or something, but what you describe is a hip score, so what's the difference ?

ZB was talking about a Mal being scored, that`s the one whose results came back clear
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Those are good for Rotts I presume (I can't find my list to check the mean score) but that is nice and low

think the last time I looked it was 14 or 15, I would have been happy with a tad lower, as said Its a bit higher than I would like, sadly x

will add an elbow one tomorow x
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
NO I didn't thanks for the info, as it happens if you read my post it said I get them checked never mentioned hip scoring on them just checked by the vet and x-rayed if need be. but I will call the vet in the morning and check up this info and post on here tomorrow and let you know what my vet said.

I thought you said it weren't complusory.
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
ZB was talking about a Mal being scored, that`s the one whose results came back clear
Yes, I was going by the post above, where she said she had them checked and then x-rayed if needs be ! Surely an x-ray IS a hip score, or why would you pay nearly £200 to have it done, unless you were scoring !!

I think I've missed another post somewhere *scratching head as we speak*
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »