Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:08 PM
When i hear Irish Stafford i thing

Controversy over origin, but then picture big staff, with characteristics of such ie, strong, loving, protective, playful,clownish, GORGEOUS!!!!

Alex
xx
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
When i hear Irish Stafford i thing

Controversy over origin, but then picture big staff, with characteristics of such ie, strong, loving, protective, playful,clownish, GORGEOUS!!!!

Alex
xx
thankyou for your opinion
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
Mr Reid although he owend dogs bought off Shaun Barker, did not own Irish Stafordshire Bull Terriers he owend imported Am staffs aka pit bulls that mr Barker once owned, not his Irish dogs. I have confirmed this info' with mr Barker himself as this did worry me as well. mr Reid started the IKC this is true but never owned Irish bull terriers!

sorry but I have checked this out by speaking to mr barker both via email and on the phone.
That's interesting info Thanks
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:12 PM
thankyou for your opinion
your welcome, i try not to judge any dog by it breed "title" just how i find the OWNERS and the dogs temperament...
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
That's interesting info Thanks
only one side of the story Sal! not spoke to Mr Reid yet! but I will lol!!! I really want to help clean up this breed of mine! Lovely dogs! big heart and so much love to give!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 10:14 PM
only one side of the story Sal! not spoke to Mr Reid yet! but I will lol!!! I really want to help clean up this breed of mine! Lovely dogs! big heart and so much love to give!
thats the dogs not me! lol I just slobber alot!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Mr Reid although he owend dogs bought off Shaun Barker, did not own Irish Stafordshire Bull Terriers he owend imported Am staffs aka pit bulls that mr Barker once owned, not his Irish dogs. I have confirmed this info' with mr Barker himself as this did worry me as well. mr Reid started the IKC this is true but never owned Irish bull terriers!

sorry but I have checked this out by speaking to mr barker both via email and on the phone.
You might be right about that Sky high, but the story of the Irish Staff is so convoluted that I doubt the truth will ever surface. Personally I have no special interest they aren't my breed, I just responded to a question asked of anyone and everyone.

Anyhoo, have fun, I'm off to bed, well, after I've tucked the dogs in.

Dawn R.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
You might be right about that Sky high, but the story of the Irish Staff is so convoluted that I doubt the truth will ever surface. Personally I have no special interest they aren't my breed, I just responded to a question asked of anyone and everyone.

Anyhoo, have fun, I'm off to bed, well, after I've tucked the dogs in.

Dawn R.
thank you very much for your input and good night
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Irish Bull Terrier - never really heard the term used.

ISBT - I think of the Staffie of old, leggier and more athletic. But I don't think APBT. It never even occured to me (until the recent media coverage) that the ISBT could be a cover for APBT and although I think unscrupulous breeders will use the name to cover illegal breedings of Pitbulls, I still don't believe that's what true ISBTs are, I just think the names been hijacked to cover certain peoples tracks.

Bit of a shame really, as I think the ISBT is absolutely stunning. :smt049
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Irish Bull Terrier - never really heard the term used.

ISBT - I think of the Staffie of old, leggier and more athletic. But I don't think APBT. It never even occured to me (until the recent media coverage) that the ISBT could be a cover for APBT and although I think unscrupulous breeders will use the name to cover illegal breedings of Pitbulls, I still don't believe that's what true ISBTs are, I just think the names been hijacked to cover certain peoples tracks.

Bit of a shame really, as I think the ISBT is absolutely stunning. :smt049
thanks for your comments!

Irish bull terrier has been used by the breed club S.I.B.T.C (Staffordshire and Irish Bull Terrier Club) since 1990.

thanks again,
Dave
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »