Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Ok that's weird, is there another police station local to you that may have followed up the complaint, not necessarily the one you went to?

Just a thought - when you opened the door to the police woman did you see a police car or was it just a lady dressed in a police officer's clothing. Did they show you any id?

Doubt it will reveal much but if you haven't had any calls since the one from 'the police' today, do 1471. I imagine it will be a witheld number if it was from the police and even if your very odd neighbour has somehow arranged this as a sick joke I imagine it will be a witheld number.
it was an withheld num
the police station i went to is my local,when they get a complaint it goes to the main 1 about 23miles away then they send it to the one nearest the person they need to see.
so i foned the 0845 num that would of dealt with the call and they didnt no wot i was on about either.
luckily they seem to be on my side on this one
hopefully this will all get sorted either way
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think you need to inform the Police that you are expecting a Police Officer on Monday and you would like someone round as you think they could be impersonating a Police Officer,or is it a Police Officer who is a Friend of your Neighbour and abusing their position.Can you leave Trin somewhere else on monday so she isn't on the premises,incase this person tries to take her.
I totally agree. You should try to have Trin not there on Monday so that there is no way they can take her no matter what happens.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think you need to inform the Police that you are expecting a Police Officer on Monday and you would like someone round as you think they could be impersonating a Police Officer,or is it a Police Officer who is a Friend of your Neighbour and abusing their position.Can you leave Trin somewhere else on monday so she isn't on the premises,incase this person tries to take her.
ive been so worried that trin has gone on a sleepover to my mums for a few days,her best friend tyson lives there
A real 'police officer' will be coming round my house monday to take a statement about wots been happening and to help get to the bottom of this,so if the other 'officer' comes round on monday they will have a suprise
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Lets hope the real Police Officer is there when this other one turns up that will give them a shock.Glad you have been able to take Trin out of the situation for a couple of days.Makes you wonder what these people are capable of.
Keep us posted.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Totaly agree with Lynn and Amber. You should have a 'real police officer' there if they visit on Monday. If the real police won't come then if the pretend officer / dirty cop does turn up then ask them for I'd and tell them you are going to ring the police station to verify who they are and shut the door while you make your call.

Peronally I don't think you will hear anything more. If you have rung the main police office as well as visited your local one and they know nothing about it then it sounds like this is some sick scam, and you know where it has come from. Even if they do turn up I think they will leg it when you say you are calling the police.

It sounds like they just wanted to upset you and stress you out which is unforgiveable but at least the police are not trying to take Trin by the sounds of it.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Bit disappointed the pictures TINY! Bigger picture please!
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-02-2007, 06:29 PM
the kc will confirm what she is you have nothing to worry about.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:50 PM
If this happens for real to anyone, please don't rely on kc registration, not only do the police know how easy it is to fake kc papers, the law as it stands means a pedigree dog (not just crossbreeds) can be classed as pit type in the eyes of a police officer, only to be later assessed after confiscation. That's one of the reasons why the law needs changing it's the term 'type' that causes all the confusion and problems, and allows the police so much power.

The ban currently covers pure breeds and cross breeds with the same physical and behavioural characteristics as the Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Braziliero. Or being a type appearing to be bred for fighting or to have the characteristics of a type bred for that purpose.
Since the APBT is not recognised by the Government or the UK Kennel Club as a pure breed, the definition of a 'type known as a pit bull terrier' had to be legally designated. The Queen’s Bench Divisional Court decided in July 1993 that:
‘They could properly conclude that a dog was of the type known as the pit bull terrier if its characteristics substantially conformed to the American Dog Breeders Association’s standard.’
The standards for the APBT are however, extremely vague by UK pure breed standards. This means that many dogs, regardless of parentage could be considered a ‘pit bull type’.

Pit bull standard

1. Should look athletic, not bulky. Musculature should be smooth but defined.
Presentation of an adult dog should be of a lean, exercised animal showing a hint of rib and backbone (without hipbones showing) with muscles firm and defined. Clean, glossy coat.
2. Equal angulation of front and rear assembly
3. Height to weight ratio - the tallest dog at a given weight
4. Appears square, with heavy boned, solid front end with a light and springy back end.
5. Sturdy, three dimensional. Giving the impression of strength, not slight or frail.
Head size in proportion to the body, with a neck long enough to have the head appear above the top of the back when head
6. is in a normal upright position.

When a dog is suspected to be illegal, the police seize it and take it to a secret location, to have it assessed.

The legal test is predominantly on the basis of physical conformation so it isn’t about the breeding but is about what the dog looks like, a DNA test therefore would not add to clarification.
lucyloo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2007, 06:56 PM
be very careful there was a scam like that going around the area we live, someone in a police uniform would come round say they have recieved a complaint about a illegal dog, if they are kc reg they would take the papers to so say check them out, keep you upto date with phone calls then a few days later would come back and take the dog away to be assessed and that will be the last you hear, they have your papers and dog and they sell it on.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »