View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 10:43 AM
The amount of rain in this county, no wee would hang around for very long anyway
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
The amount of rain in this county, no wee would hang around for very long anyway
Exactly. Although according to smokeybear, we wouldn't want it "smelling like a urinal"! Hmmm...my dogs urinate in the garden on stone paving more than several times a day near by the back door and it doesn't smell like a urinal. The only time I wash it down regularly is in the warmer months. So why on earth would one bit of pee on the pavement in winter result in it "smelling like a urinal"?
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Very funny folks

I love a good wind up
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
What does one do when out with a toddler and you hear the fateful words "mummy mummy, wee wee quick"?

I am sure I am not the only mother on Dogsey, and yes, I have been out with one or both of mine when that urgent call came.

Should I have kept them in diapers every time I went out?
My Mum had this with my daughter a few years back. She was walking her home from school (daughter was four) and the little one needed a wee, so my Mum held her over a grate to pee and a guy gave her a mouthful and called her disgusting. Some people don't live in the real world.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I have an idea for dragons den ,''Doggy she wee'' .(patent pending)
This time next year i could be a millionare...
hahaha that made me chuckle Murf m8, brill idea as well.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
SB I used to think like you and I do see your point but since then my thoughts about dog behaviour have moved on. Weeing/marking/sniffing are all natural behaviours that can bring a dog's stress levels down. The dog in question is an elderly rescue who may well find the area it was being walksd in 'stressful' it therefore needed to relieve itself in more ways than one. Not necessarily ideal;but when you stay in hotels in cities where do your dogs spend? Having stayed in hotels in the centre of cities with a dog trained to spend on command, I know mine spent in the town centre slighlty away from the hotels we stayed in. How about yours?
Think my post may have been lost a bit at the end of the page so I will ask again...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Think my post may have been lost a bit at the end of the page so I will ask again...
Perhaps she uses as 'she-wee' type contraption attached to a pipe so the pool of odorous urine can be deposited down a drain?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Sometimes you get caught out. Rupert peed in the train station once and the bus station once. I found somebody who worked there, apologised and offered to clean up both times. He also pooped on the street a few times despite me making sure he'd been before we left the garden and despite him not liking to go on concrete.

And when you live in a flat you can't really make sure your dog eliminates before going out can you? All I can do is pick up and give the toilet area a quick rinse down every so often (Rupe always used the same place for a pee).
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
My Mum had this with my daughter a few years back. She was walking her home from school (daughter was four) and the little one needed a wee, so my Mum held her over a grate to pee and a guy gave her a mouthful and called her disgusting. Some people don't live in the real world.
My daughter was fairly late out of diapers due to having been in a full body cast [armpits to toes] for nearly a year from age 14 months, so it was some time before she could even sit on a potty and she did not have full bladder control until she was gone three years old - even then when she said she needed to pee she needed to pee immediately. No "wait until we get home/get to a public lavatory" - it was then or she wet her pants.

In those days people did not take any notice of me holding her out over a grating.

[It was a lot simpler with my son!]
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2012, 04:01 PM
C`mon guys... wee just happens you know.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »