Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Never is that a Xolo, never. Ive seen a black and a blue one, they are NOTHING like that.
There was a brindle one too - who knows what coats they may have - they're supposed to be hairless..and are a rare breed.. it is what I was told and I don't think the breeder nor the owners of the hairless brother were going to say yes if they weren't from the same litter..
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/xoloitzcuintlephotos.htm

One on there that has tan on it..
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'm pretty sure the breeder would know - she was at the show today as well, it's a recessive gene and there was one that had a brindle coat too..
But there are no comparisons between the pictures I am looking at and the dog in the pictures...completely different face shape, ear shed, body type.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2011, 05:16 PM
have you got the right picture .
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
But there are no comparisons between the pictures I am looking at and the dog in the pictures...completely different face shape, ear shed, body type.
Maybe there's a difference in the coated and the hairless - I'm not an expert and I didn't really ask about it - the one on the link above is the same as the one I met today and the small brindle one looked like a JRT to me and had it's tail curled upwards - not on it's body though..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
There was a brindle one too - who knows what coats they may have - they're supposed to be hairless..and are a rare breed.. it is what I was told and I don't think the breeder nor the owners of the hairless brother were going to say yes if they weren't from the same litter..
Its not the colours SLB its the entire dog. They should have pricked ears, not houndy ears, never in a million years would those ears be able to stand erect. The dog looks like a black and tan coonhound. (not saying it is of course) I saw a person at Leeds champ show they had three there Xolo's, nothing like that, they should have a bit of fluffy or wirey coat on their heads and sometimes on their tails.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:21 PM
But anyway - that's what I was told by both breeder and owner and the judge didn't seem to question either..
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I thought one of these ..
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:28 PM
In fairness looking around online it does say that colour/coat type and size of dog can vary widely so perhaps ears do too (have seen GSD with dropped ears)

I really don't know much about the breed! I do know that in all breeds there are those that do not match a breed standard set by the KC though. Hence you wouldnt see that type at shows..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-08-2011, 06:02 PM

That one is apparently five months old.
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »