Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
UPDATE!!!!

I have recieved a letter and a 'vet report' this morning. The letter pretty much states what he has said on the phone the other day. The 'vet report' is fake - no doubt about it. It's not on headed paper and there is no vet name or signature. It also includes the gem 'looks fresh to me' which the vet apparently wrote. I've been to the police and someone will come out today to see me. I am also going to the CAB tomorrow, and will speak to my detective friend tonight (he actually works for us in our martial arts business so will be more than willing to oblige!) I'm seriously angry now and this guy won't know what hit him. He says he will pick up the cash at the shop tommorow, well my 6'2" martial arts instructor partner will be here all afternoon, so I really hope he does. Grrrrr.....I'm seething!!!!
Oh my! The cheek of it!

Has he left his address details and things like that on the letter?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post
Oh my! The cheek of it!

Has he left his address details and things like that on the letter?
nope! Just his name (which has changed since Monday) and a mobile number.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I do so hope the police are also there waiting for him.

As you say, if it wasn't so serious, it'd be quite funny - I mean the vets report 'looks quite fresh to me' is just classic.

If i lived nearer I'd be tempted to come and watch tomorrow's show.

Just on a serious note though, have you thought how you are going to handle this guy if your OH is not there when he calls back?
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 12:01 PM
What a complete t*sser!

Give him hell Lokis mum xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Be careful where your partner is concerned, you dont want this blokes adding assault to his claims.

Cant you get a third party to be there also, a witness...

When he comes around, wait and let him talk.. see what he has to say......... then hit him with "you have been to the police , tell him you have handed over your CCTV coverage of you pointing out the scab when he came to pick the dog up.

Also tell him , your insurance wants an official receipt from the vet... phone number and address, so they can process the claim, as thats what you have insurance for, to deal with any claims against you... tell him that if all this is proved, and your insurance pays out, THEY will pay him out direct.........by cheque.

Also inform him , the police did not take kindly to him demanding cash.

Then watch him make a quick exit
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Be careful where your partner is concerned, you dont want this blokes adding assault to his claims.

Cant you get a third party to be there also, a witness...

When he comes around, wait and let him talk.. see what he has to say......... then hit him with "you have been to the police , tell him you have handed over your CCTV coverage of you pointing out the scab when he came to pick the dog up.

Also tell him , your insurance wants an official receipt from the vet... phone number and address, so they can process the claim, as thats what you have insurance for, to deal with any claims against you... tell him that if all this is proved, and your insurance pays out, THEY will pay him out direct.........by cheque.

Also inform him , the police did not take kindly to him demanding cash.

Then watch him make a quick exit
Can only agree with what has been said. He is pond scum but be careful as you don't know what he is capable of, if he is pushing it this far. Police need to be involved in this one.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2009, 01:03 PM
He says he will pick up the cash at the shop tommorow, well my 6'2" martial arts instructor partner will be here all afternoon, so I really hope he does. Grrrrr.....I'm seething!!!!
In a way I'm glad you're angry because it means the boot is now on the other foot, you can get him for forgery, he must be minus a few brain cells if he thinks a vet report will ever be done on plain paper with no signature

Try to make it sound like you will pay him and will be alone tommorow, then get a good laugh when he sees your friend emerge from the back room
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Spoken to the police and basically they are not interested. They aren't coming out to see the letters I have here. Apparently it's a civil matter and nothing to do with them. As he hasn't physically threatened me there's nothing they could do. I pointed out that it was blackmail but apparently it's not according to the police.

So plan B. CRB, FSB and my mate on the force. Jeez what am I paying my taxes for???
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
That is terrible!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Spoken to the police and basically they are not interested. They aren't coming out to see the letters I have here. Apparently it's a civil matter and nothing to do with them. As he hasn't physically threatened me there's nothing they could do. I pointed out that it was blackmail but apparently it's not according to the police.

So plan B. CRB, FSB and my mate on the force. Jeez what am I paying my taxes for???
I suppose I can see that if it was just a disagreement about whether you had injured his dog or not, that would be a civil matter....but the fact that the guy is lying in an attempt to extort cash from you, well IMO that should be a police matter.

No wonder these scum are so happy to try on this kind of thing - basically its a no loose situation for them if they can't get in trouble for it
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »