View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:00 PM
MY dogs are kept on leads because I love them dearly with all my heart..I don't want them meeting up with accidents with OFF lead dogs..I like to keep them with me in case they meet anything having a go..

Maybe if you had kept the same idea you wouldn't be posting this thread!!!

I also keep them on a lead because I don't want them getting run over..PLEASE look at my videos of my dogs offlead in enclosed spaces and tell me their recall is crap!!!

There was one dog and one bitch at the show that caused problems..

You can think what you like about my dogs..but I know they won't be off lead causing problems to other dogs and I know they are on lead for their own safety..

If Terry Thorn thought that bad about mals why has he judged them more than that ONCE!!! If he thought they were that bad he would'nt go near them with a barge pole!!

LOL.. remind me the next time there is a Rottie attack on a child or a dog kick off at a judge and I will tar your dogs with the same brush! Deed not breed?? yeah when it suits.. (No offence meat Shona..You know I trust your dogs or CJ would never have been near Kaos)
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I wanted to add to this, the opening post was referring to sibes, who generally are very sociable animals, when any sibes are brought into the rescue home I work at they are the most likely to be able to put into kennels with other dogs, this sadly is not always the case with rotties, yet I dont come on here stating ALL rotties are unsociable dogs, I am educated enough to realise that and do not paint a whole breed with one brush, because of one incident, as Louise says Deed NOT Breed, and as also stated YOU were the one with a dog off lead, if you dog had been on lead it would not have been able to approach these unknown dogs, and the incident probably would never have happened anyway.

mo
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure about what the local laws are in your area but in my area it is actualy illegal to have a dog running loos in a public area.

I know this as my sister in laws rough collie was some years ago bitten by a rottie in a park. The collie was of lead and approached the rottie. My sister in law reported this to the police who advised her not to persue the matter as the rottie owner could sue her for allowing her dog to be of lead in a public area.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:20 PM
This is the situation in Manchester, where I live.
Fines, if dogs off the lead
Deborah Linton
February 01, 2008

DOG-OWNERS face £80 fines for letting their pets off the lead in Manchester parks from today .

On-the-spot penalties will be issued to dog walkers in 14 city parks if they are found to be flouting new rules - called dog control orders - which have been introduced as part of the council's responsible dog ownership scheme.

Another six parks have specific areas where dogs must be kept on a lead so that owners can control them properly. Pet owners will also be hit with penalties if they take their animals into any of 97 no-go sports and activities areas across the city - on or off a lead.

Cemeteries and crematoria are also forbidden and walkers cannot be in charge of more than four dogs at any time under the orders.

Allowing pets off the lead on paths, roads, pavements and canal tow paths is also an offence and owners who fail to clean up after their dogs will have to pay-up, too.

Council wardens will patrol the affected parks and issue on-the-spot notices where the law is being flouted.

Anyone who fails to abide by the control orders - introduced by the council under government legislation - and chooses not to pay a penalty notice faces fines of up to £1,000 if they are convicted of an offence in court.

so for me to exercise my dogs fully, its controlled and done with a bike.

Mo
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 02:30 PM
The park is enclosed as I've already said, with fences, this is to allow dogs a bit of freedom without the risk of running onto the main roads.

Very few people keep their dogs on leads in that park, this is why it's so popular as a dog walking area.

There's also a lake with wildfowl and all sorts of other wildlife are there too.

I regard bringing child attacks and other alleged attacks by Rotties as a cheap shot ladies , I made a reasonable comment about your replies in this thread and you did'nt like it.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Well here's hoping they bring that in up here too!!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
This is the situation in Manchester, where I live.
Fines, if dogs off the lead
Deborah Linton
February 01, 2008

DOG-OWNERS face £80 fines for letting their pets off the lead in Manchester parks from today .

On-the-spot penalties will be issued to dog walkers in 14 city parks if they are found to be flouting new rules - called dog control orders - which have been introduced as part of the council's responsible dog ownership scheme.

Another six parks have specific areas where dogs must be kept on a lead so that owners can control them properly. Pet owners will also be hit with penalties if they take their animals into any of 97 no-go sports and activities areas across the city - on or off a lead.

Cemeteries and crematoria are also forbidden and walkers cannot be in charge of more than four dogs at any time under the orders.

Allowing pets off the lead on paths, roads, pavements and canal tow paths is also an offence and owners who fail to clean up after their dogs will have to pay-up, too.

Council wardens will patrol the affected parks and issue on-the-spot notices where the law is being flouted.

Anyone who fails to abide by the control orders - introduced by the council under government legislation - and chooses not to pay a penalty notice faces fines of up to £1,000 if they are convicted of an offence in court.

so for me to exercise my dogs fully, its controlled and done with a bike.

Mo
Move to Scotland then Mo.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Well here's hoping they bring that in up here too!!
I can't believe you've posted this Louise, do you really want other peoples dogs enjoyment spoiled at running free in an enclosed area ?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I regard bringing child attacks and other alleged attacks by Rotties as a cheap shot ladies , I made a reasonable comment about your replies in this thread and you did'nt like it.
You called my dogs "wild" and you call that reasonable LOL

Since the fracas at the SKC champ show 2 years ago when the mals went berserk I've always had reservations about this group of dogs ie: the husky, mals, sibes type.

Terry wotsisname had to abandon the ring and he's one of the top judges in the UK, one lady even had her clothes torn to bits.

To me they're not that far removed from Arctic wolves, they still have that wildness about them and there's not been enough time for it to be bred out IMO.

and then

your dogs are unsociable, you can't let them off-lead, they don't come back at the re-call command
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I can't believe you've posted this Louise, do you really want other peoples dogs enjoyment spoiled at running free in an enclosed area ?
Enclosed area..with other dogs..YES..

Enclosed area on their own is fine..or with other dogs you know is fine..

BUt look at it this way..If YOUR dog had been on lead this thread would'nt be here..

My dogs run free..on their own..in an enclosed area..not bothering anyone else..

I would prefer my dogs could walk on lead without other dogs bothering them too
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »