View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I lost another 1lb on Tuesday - total of 52 lbs: FIFTY TWO pounds Helena!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Although I didn't join an official weightwatchers club, our callcentre and in particular our team, paid £5 each and bought a set of weightwatcher style scales. We get weighed in once a week and if you put on 1lb you pay 50p. Whoever loses the most in the month gets the winnings.

It has worked for me, I have gone from 11 stone to 9 and a half stone. I really could do with losing another half stone but as I am currently a size 10 and 5ft 2" so I am not really trying very hard any more.

I will be going once a month just to make sure I don't put on weight.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:02 AM
52lbs!!!!!!!!!absolutely brill. I.m sure the older you are the harder it is to lose weight. Out of curiosity (nosiness ) are there any members of our "elite" club over 50 like me

Jeanette
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
I lost another 1lb on Tuesday - total of 52 lbs: FIFTY TWO pounds Helena!
That's just incredible, brilliant, well done, keep it up!! I daren't weigh myself, as I haven't done it for ages and I might be in for a shock! Then again, all the stress of late, missed meals, I might just have a go later. I'll let you know then!

You're all doing so well, don't spoil it, keep it up, then you can be naughty now and again!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
52lbs!!!!!!!!!absolutely brill. I.m sure the older you are the harder it is to lose weight. Out of curiosity (nosiness ) are there any members of our "elite" club over 50 like me

Jeanette
52 pounds is absolutely brilliant Rookgeordiegirl, well done. Can't wait until that is me.

I hate to admit it Jeanette but I am also over 50. 53 in June to be precise, still who's counting . I don't personally think age matters but I do think the bigger you are you will lose quicker than someone who only has a couple of stone to lose. I'm having no trouble losing it at the moment but I have got a lot to lose. I reckon in two years time I will be at a nice weight, can't wait But us that have got a lot to lose must stay patient. Two years isnt a long time to wait for your life to change and things to be a lot better.

Keep it up all of you We are all doing so well. Remember Patience, Persistence (can't think of the other P our leader said is the key)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Weighed myself in Boots this morning with the new BMI machines I've put ON 13 lbs I now weigh 10st 13, whereas 6 months ago I weighed 10stone. It doesn't look like I've put that amount of weight on, and in my defence I am 5ft 7", so maybe their machine was wrong?? I'll do it on my scales later coz they are much kinder to me!!!

Looks like I'll be joining you now, no more chocolate, and I've only just discovered that Filthy Chocolate range in Sainsbury's, that's chocolate to die for!! Ooooop sorry, shouldn't have told you that should I!!!!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Weighed myself in Boots this morning with the new BMI machines I've put ON 13 lbs I now weigh 10st 13, whereas 6 months ago I weighed 10stone. It doesn't look like I've put that amount of weight on, and in my defence I am 5ft 7", so maybe their machine was wrong?? I'll do it on my scales later coz they are much kinder to me!!!

Looks like I'll be joining you now, no more chocolate, and I've only just discovered that Filthy Chocolate range in Sainsbury's, that's chocolate to die for!! Ooooop sorry, shouldn't have told you that should I!!!!
I know what you mean about scales weighing differently.

Never seen that Filthy Chocolate range as I don't go shopping at Sainsburys but might be worth a trip No better not, better keep away me thinks
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 05:42 PM
I've just weighed myself on hubby's scales which I know are correct, and it's almost the same . Funny though, coz the bmi on the print-out was only 26 and if you're under a 25 then that's ok, so 26 isn't too bad I suppose

Now, back to more important things They can be found on the cake counter in a white box with a brown lid and chocolate coloured writing on the side which says "Filthy Obsessed by Pleasure" 12 cheeky chocolate bites, and you can only have ONE (in your mouth at a time!Lol!)coz they're very rich and made of real 90% chocolate that tastes like real cocoa. My point is, if you lose enough weight then you can go and spoil yourself with a box of these, share them around, so you don't eat the whole box to yourself and just have a little treat! Afterall, one little naughty chocolate isn't going to do much damage is it, especially when it's the proper chocolate to eat, not that mass manufactred stuff???!!! Oh and the box is divine too, it all sort of falls open, and inside is a crispy white cellophane wrapping where temptation lurks!!!

Sorry, I think I'm in the wrong thread here aren't I?????!!!

I won't be buying anymore now, I want to lose that 12 lbs, but I'll do it - somehow Then I can be naughty again
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 06:31 PM
ok guys...

Im jumping in here!!!

i am at weightwatchers...i started at 13st 6lbs dropped to 11st 6 then last year it all went back on!!!

so am back at last weigh in at 13st 5lbs...

Target is 11st 7lbs for wedding day

a total of 26lbs in 18 weeks!!! which is about 1.5lbs a week!

Me and OH have just bought a nintendo wii for the sports pack so he said he will box with me 4 times a week to get me active again!

He played it at his dads and said its really tiring!

So back on points and boxing 4 times a week...

ive also put together my own 20-30 min CD of Chili Pepper tunes that i will be doing stretches, weights and skipping (without the rope coz i'll trash the place with one of them!!!)

So am starting afresh this week on Tuesday evenings and will keep you all up to date!
Wanna make it as fun as possible!!!
Alex
xx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've just weighed myself on hubby's scales which I know are correct, and it's almost the same . Funny though, coz the bmi on the print-out was only 26 and if you're under a 25 then that's ok, so 26 isn't too bad I suppose

Now, back to more important things They can be found on the cake counter in a white box with a brown lid and chocolate coloured writing on the side which says "Filthy Obsessed by Pleasure" 12 cheeky chocolate bites, and you can only have ONE (in your mouth at a time!Lol!)coz they're very rich and made of real 90% chocolate that tastes like real cocoa. My point is, if you lose enough weight then you can go and spoil yourself with a box of these, share them around, so you don't eat the whole box to yourself and just have a little treat! Afterall, one little naughty chocolate isn't going to do much damage is it, especially when it's the proper chocolate to eat, not that mass manufactred stuff???!!! Oh and the box is divine too, it all sort of falls open, and inside is a crispy white cellophane wrapping where temptation lurks!!!

Sorry, I think I'm in the wrong thread here aren't I?????!!!

I won't be buying anymore now, I want to lose that 12 lbs, but I'll do it - somehow Then I can be naughty again
HELENA! Get out of this thread right now!
You should be ashamed of yourself trying to lead the successful dieters astray!

Shame on you!

P.S I've just checked, they do those cakes at my local sainsbury's, yipppee, cya later
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »