View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Mirkawolf - while I appreciate what you are saying, Bluemerle Lover isn't you. She may not be as strong as you mentally (or otherwise) and doing the right thing for you may be the wrong thing for her, and could be more dangerous.

I guess Jen did the thing she thought was right, in all fairness I can see why as Rotties can be intimidating. I own a bull breed and although I would probably do what you would - that is take position as pack leader and protect my dog I think I would be cacking it a bit with a big huge Rottie who probably could eat me for breakfast and I own a big bull breed too.

I think that if Jen showed the slightest bit of doubt the Rottie may have picked up on it, so in this situation, I think she did her best.

Maybe we can start a discussion about this in another thread as it seems to come up quite a bit and all of us could benefit from each others opinion? I know I'd be interested to know what others would do in the situation.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Here we go:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=44947
Mirkawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Mirkawolf - while I appreciate what you are saying, Bluemerle Lover isn't you. She may not be as strong as you mentally (or otherwise) and doing the right thing for you may be the wrong thing for her, and could be more dangerous.
Thank you Azz for understanding. I almost got an idea, that if I do not join the row of oohs and aahs, I will be executed. As if saying oneīs own opinion was a crime.

I believe it was very scarry incident for the lady and she certainly did the best she think she should do. I do not believe she did the right thing, and I stand by that. But will not talk about it further here.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:19 PM
oh no! poor you and poor shiloh i dont have a dog yet, but i think that letting him off the lead was the right thing to do as at least he could defend himself or run away

i hope your both doing ok now??
Mirkawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Just how many people are gonna stand up against something as big and powerful as a adult Rottie? Most adult HUMAN males can be overcome by one. These dogs are NOWHERE near anything like a staff/lab/GSD. I can pull most of these breeds off, but I would think twice about a Rott.
I would stand up against rottie. Or anything else and without thinking. But thatīs me.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:27 PM
well you can carry on standing up against a rottie cos i certainly aint even if i was payed to do so i thought what i did i did right i tried to distract other dog but it wasnt having any of it so you want me to stand there and take on a dog twice the size of mine and get attacked myself thanks but no thanks my dog wouldnt of stood a chance on lead
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf View Post
I would stand up against rottie. Or anything else and without thinking. But thatīs me.
Do you fancy a job here, being my bodyguard

Seriously though, I do admire your guts Mirkawolf. There's not many dogs I'm scared of, and would wade in without hesitation. I guess we all deal with things differently
Mirkawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
well you can carry on standing up against a rottie cos i certainly aint even if i was payed to do so i thought what i did i did right i tried to distract other dog but it wasnt having any of it so you want me to stand there and take on a dog twice the size of mine and get attacked myself thanks but no thanks my dog wouldnt of stood a chance on lead
No, you do what you think is best. And I will do what I think is best. I just said my opinion, nothing more, nothing else.
Mirkawolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Do you fancy a job here, being my bodyguard

Seriously though, I do admire your guts Mirkawolf. There's not many dogs I'm scared of, and would wade in without hesitation. I guess we all deal with things differently
Yeah, we all are different, aren´t we.

As your bodyguards, I thought you had the three dogs mentioned next to your name? Not enough? I think you need a wolfdog, then
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Bluemerle lover, you did damn right hun!

This dog will learn in the future not to go randomly attacking other dogs.
Plus if the dog was that agressive, what the hell was its owner doing letting it off the lead!
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >