Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I would donate if he did!
I suspect it would raise a decent sum for charity!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
He could do it to raise money for a dog charity.
hehe then using the shock collar on him would really save the lives of dogs
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I've only got one problem with the AP shock collar training idea...Why should just one person get to play with the remote.

Perhaps after the shock collar training exercise, he could be trained with positive methods, also recorded, then we could compair the results and find out which method he prefered.

I've got a strong suspicion he won't take up the challenge.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
I've only got one problem with the AP shock collar training idea...Why should just one person get to play with the remote.

Perhaps after the shock collar training exercise, he could be trained with positive methods, also recorded, then we could compair the results and find out which method he prefered.

I've got a strong suspicion he won't take up the challenge.
Heck, maybe try leash pops too? And different ways to use shock collars? See if the "pressure" changes if we put two on him? He could be one great experiment!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I understand from a reliable source that Adam boasts in another place '' I immediately corrected her with both collars at top level'' so lets not skimp with one collar, lets have two at top level.
I guess they would have to be around the neck but I know from previous pictures posted on Dogsey some e collar users prefer to position the collars near to the genitals so that would be my preferred choice. I am sure Adam will agree after all he thinks they don't cause any pain or discomfort so we can only assume they work by magic don't they Adam.
Great idea ~ but, a video of Adam's genitals. (I could say more but perhaps this isn't the right place)
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
...Besides I don't use e collars just for last chance dogs, I use them for most dogs as a part of balanced training.

Adam
Sadly, your videos show how bad shock collar training is.
The subdued dogs, their uncertainty, etc.

This is typical of pet dog shock collar training.

I've seen some shock collar scenes on videos I will never forget. Just because the dog has been desperate for feedback and kindness, but yet the only thing he got was "relief" after the shock. Or dogs who were racing to beat the shock, yet appearing to be excited because they were moving fast.

I just feel constantly sick and disgusted by the whole thing, over and over. I wish there was some law that made it possible for shock collar trainers to have to live with shock collars on their own necks for the rest of their lives.

But even more, I wish they would learn some kindness and compassion for dogs and throw the collars away.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
As has been said many times before: "There are worse things than PTS."
Yes! Daily torture (because that is what it is, at the end of the day - that's not being over emotional, it's the stark truth) or death.

Death, every time, Much nicer and much kinder.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I understand from a reliable source that Adam boasts in another place '' I immediately corrected her with both collars at top level'' so lets not skimp with one collar, lets have two at top level.

An acknowledged expert (both by positive and shock collar trainers) re. shock collars is Steven Lindsay. He has said in one of his books which I have in front of me that high level shock "can evoke significant pain and emotional distress".

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 10:24 AM
My view of Adam has altered due to the responses given by him on this thread.
I used to think he was incapable of empathy due to a personality disorder or a disability of some kind and therefore could not understand how much pain he was causing.
Now I think he knows exactly how much pain he is causing and appears to enjoy it. This gives me a whole new range of descriptive words for him.

So... (to bring this back OT) ..
What do you feel causes someone to continually inflict pain on animals?
Ignorance?
Insensitivity/ lack of empathy?
Brutalisation (habituation)?
Sadistic Personality Disorder? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadisti...ality_disorder)

There is surprising little research on this but here is an article discussing it
http://tcr.sagepub.com/content/2/2/177.abstract
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
What do you feel causes someone to continually inflict pain on animals?
Want and fear.

Want in that someone wants to make dog training their living

Fear in that they feel the only way they can achieve that is to provide what appears on the surface to be quick results because by the time any fall out (other than that which is obvious to those who can read dogs) happens, that trainer is long gone or can blame it on another problem that 'has been caused by the owner' <sigh>
Closed Thread
Page 59 of 206 « First < 9 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 69 109 159 > Last »