Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Well done all.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Well done to Jamie for eating his greens I'm glad you're feeling happier with the head collar. I always use one for Cain, it's not to stop pulling, it's makes me feel a lot better about controlling him of he reacts and therefore makes me calmer.

Had a good agility class today. He's really starting to settle into the routine and feel more comfortable with the environment. We are slowly edging closer to the group, today we were only about 6 foot away. He now knows that while we're waiting to do a piece of equipment he should sit nicely next to me, he's allowed to calmly watch the other dogs (which he gets rewarded for) but can't stare or react, he also gets treats for looking at my face. He knows the game and purposely looks to me now.

The class now know him and have been very supportive, giving him a sensible amount of space but also talking to me which was nice There was a new dog who was quite reactive on lead. Me and his owner ended up laughing and smiling at each other as we were both doing the same thing (sitting dog and focus work)

The new dog roared at a few dogs who got to close, Cain didn't react once to the other dog's aggressive noise Even when the next class turned up (about 8 dogs) and waited for us to finish, Cain was interested but calm. He did lunge once but it was definately an excited playful lunge towards two other dogs who were playing.

When we ran our course at the end of class, we got a round of applause! That really made me smile because I felt they were supporting us. I'm so glad they don't see Cain as just a horrible dog. They see him as a troubled dog who is overcoming his problems, several people commented about how much calmer he is lately. Very pleased with him.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Well done.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Ahh well done Cain! It is lovely to hear how well you are doing.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Well done Cain and Izzy
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Good to read everyone's stories. Cain's really coming on isn't he?

Yesterday I let Saba off the lead on our walk for the first time in 6 months (she ruptured a cruciate in April). I was very nervous that her recall would have deteriorated, as it took me nearly 2 years to get it to 100% when I first adopted her.

Well, she was perfect She cantered along the ditch, pointed at a pigeon, started towards the woods, and turned on a sixpence when I whistled. She charged straight to me with the happiest look on her face.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Well done----it sounds like everyone is sticking at it and making progress.

rune
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 09:37 AM
just catching up, sound like everyone is doing really well so pleased for you all
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Boys are now holding their toiletting all through the night! Yay!
Still having a few mishaps through the day, but we'll get there!

They've also learnt to sit....working on down now
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Awww that's good that Saba hadn't forgotten her recall, you obviously trained it well Glad she's better now.

Well done with your little cuties Hevvur, they are so adorable!
Page 59 of 101 « First < 9 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 69 > Last »