Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
So why are the dogs panting then, if they're cold?
Possibly with excitement ??
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge
So why are the dogs panting then, if they're cold?
The point is Pidge, you made your judgement on the dogs you saw panting out of prejudice, not liking the show scene and all that.

You never stopped to think why the dog might be panting, simple used it to further your "cruel sport" argument.

There are many reason a dog pants, which have been pointed out to you in this thread already, yet you still stick to the "dogs must be stressed or overheated"

Bandit pants when he is excited,when we get visitors, he walks around panting, he pants when he lies in the sun and gets hot, he pants when has a run,

You made a judgement on what "you wanted" to see,

Did it ever occur to you to ask the owners, why the dog is panting, had they just been out for some exercise, had they just had a play with another dog, had they just been in the ring and got excited...and yes, some could have been through stress...cant see the overheating one though
A number of reason could have been why, you just jumped on the ones you wanted it to be , to fuel your argument!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
True, but the NEC is far from hot!
in the main possibly, but then in the thread everyone is talking about the dog being sat on an icepack because he was overheating

So some areas are hot

You are jumping on pidge for making a judgment - but you were not in the area where she was and seeing the dogs that she was seeing

Yes dogs pant for many many reasons

But if she was in an area that she found hot and she saw dogs panting and looking distressed to her then you canot refute what she saw because you werent there

Fair enough to say YOUR dogs were never in a place that was hot
and MOST of the areas in the NEC you have found cold

but you cannot say that where she was wasnt hot

Why are you taking it as a personal thing that she saw some dogs that were hot??
People can say they see some dogs at agility shows that look hot - or stressed or whatever

I will say 'yes I have seen that too and reported it and got it fixed'

not take offence and assume they are talking about my dogs - because I know my dogs are fine - I work hard to make sure that is the case
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Are show dogs allowed to play with each other at Crufts?

It just struck me as odd to see stationary dogs panting. It was hot as hell last year so I assumed they were either hot or stressed, two of the main causes of panting. It's an assumption and yes now I wish I had asked the owners. I wonder what they would have said.

I never said the dogs were over heating.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Some people wont allow their dogs to. But mine are allowed to at any show. Just not right before I go into the ring. Of course while inside you cant let them off the leads.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
in the main possibly, but then in the thread everyone is talking about the dog being sat on an icepack because he was overheating

So some areas are hot

You are jumping on pidge for making a judgment - but you were not in the area where she was and seeing the dogs that she was seeing

Yes dogs pant for many many reasons

But if she was in an area that she found hot and she saw dogs panting and looking distressed to her then you canot refute what she saw because you werent there

Fair enough to say YOUR dogs were never in a place that was hot
and MOST of the areas in the NEC you have found cold

but you cannot say that where she was wasnt hot
Why are you taking it as a personal thing that she saw some dogs that were hot??
People can say they see some dogs at agility shows that look hot - or stressed or whatever

I will say 'yes I have seen that too and reported it and got it fixed'

not take offence and assume they are talking about my dogs - because I know my dogs are fine - I work hard to make sure that is the case
I agree.

It just struck me as odd to see stationary dogs panting. It was hot as hell last year so I assumed they were either hot or stressed, two of the main causes of panting. It's an assumption and yes now I wish I had asked the owners. I wonder what they would have said.

I never said the dogs were over heating.
You could not have traveled far round the venue them Pidge if you did not see dogs playing together"

Go round any ring side and you will see dogs greeting/playing with each other.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:29 PM
People can say they have seen anything..........

The NEC has never been hot to me and from being at crufts and other shows held there I have been in different halls. Not once have I ever found it hot.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:30 PM
They were Springers, Clumbers and German pointers btw. The former of which all just looked so bored and not how I like to see my favourite breed.

I am entitled to feel like that based on what I saw.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

30-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
People can say they have seen anything..........
The NEC has never been hot to me and from being at crufts and other shows held there I have been in different halls. Not once have I ever found it hot.
Yep, that true.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Also I think I remember it being mentioned that Pidge was working while at crufts, so up on her feet dealing with the public - hopefully working hard think that answers why she was a hot.
Page 59 of 103 « First < 9 49 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 69 > Last »