View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
just caught up with this, HE IS BEAUTIFUL H BUT HE LOOKS GIANT FOR 10 WEEKS !!! it must be all the fur !!

cant believe you kept this a secret this long !!!!! lol
looking forward to lots of piccies, and just as Ailsa says make sure that you get a chance to check out all the paperwork and proof of health tests.

good luck xx
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Can't wait for tuesday now
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 10:05 PM
AWWW WOW - WHAT A CUTIE

I think that first pic is actually really good - it has 'cheeky chappie' written all over him

Fingers crossed for you when you pick him up - i bwet Georgie will enjoy having a playmate and someone to look after

Linda
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2009, 12:53 AM
She should be able to give you a pedigree straight away, especially if she has Mum and Dad there, plus if you know their lines you will be able to go on t'interweb and check them out as well. I would imagine if he is 10 weeks old he will be coming home with you Has he had his first injection, I would expect him to have had that, also mine were paper trained as well and had been taught sit and give a paw. I was also given very explicit advice about feeding and they came with 6 weeks Petplan insurance and had been vet checked and wormed etc.
Can't wait for more piccies though, I love little babies they are soooo cuddly and lovely
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Yep..agree,you should defo be given a pedigree with him.Also make sure you SEE proof of parents hip scores and dads Haemo result.
Hes a cutee!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all this info everyone!

I just picked up a message from her last night which says she cannot send me an e-mail with pics coz it keeps getting returned Then she goes on about how she's had so many time wasters, which is putting me off slightly, coz WHY would anyone come away empty handed after seeing these little beauties? I am going to ring her at 9 o'clock and get to the bottom of just WHY she has had so many time wasters, coz she seems to think I might not be coming on Tuesday, but why would I not??? Bit strange!!

Then I notice on the ad that they have no papers, and yet she told me over the phone that the Mother is KC but the father has german lines??? Oh I think I've got a lot more questions to ask here haven't I. If they're not KC though, that doesn't mean I can't register him or does it? I know nothing about this, I've only done it 3 times in the past and always got the paperwork through no probs.

If the Mother Is KC then why wouldn't these puppies be, even if the father has german lines, I don't understand it so I've got to ring her in a mo.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks for all this info everyone!

I just picked up a message from her last night which says she cannot send me an e-mail with pics coz it keeps getting returned Then she goes on about how she's had so many time wasters, which is putting me off slightly, coz WHY would anyone come away empty handed after seeing these little beauties? I am going to ring her at 9 o'clock and get to the bottom of just WHY she has had so many time wasters, coz she seems to think I might not be coming on Tuesday, but why would I not??? Bit strange!!

Then I notice on the ad that they have no papers, and yet she told me over the phone that the Mother is KC but the father has german lines??? Oh I think I've got a lot more questions to ask here haven't I. If they're not KC though, that doesn't mean I can't register him or does it? I know nothing about this, I've only done it 3 times in the past and always got the paperwork through no probs.

If the Mother Is KC then why wouldn't these puppies be, even if the father has german lines, I don't understand it so I've got to ring her in a mo.
You're going to have to follow your instincts on this one I think. Make a list of all the questions you want answered and decide which ones you are and are not fussed about. It's fair enough that she might have had some time wasters, there are alot of people out there who do that but you do need to be sure that the pup has everything you want (papers etc and anything else that is important to you).

Good luck!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Just a couple of other things for you to think about H...

When you started to mention time wasters it has made me realise that these pups would've been 7/8 weeks old at Christmas. Now it may be purely co-incidence, but is it possible that the owner deliberately bred with the aim of selling these pups as Christmas presents (and failing, hence the reference to time wasters)?

As a matter of interest - has she asked you any questions (as any good breeder would)?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Thanks Pidge and Hali.

Well, I've had to leave a message coz she's not in.

To be honest Hali, no, she didn't ask me many questions, and lying in bed last night, I too found myself thinking, hmmm, Christmas they would have been 8 weeks old so yes, maybe??? Not good is it

I've still been searching and I've found a Cassie lookalike, the black/sable, and just had a lovely chat with the girl, who again has the mother, but her sister has the father, and he can be seen. These BOTH have health tests, certificates to prove, plus a letter from the vet stating her bitch can have a 2nd litter, and although both are KC registered, she says she is not going to bother to register the pups - is that not a good thing either??? She said I am welcome to see all the paperwork, both dogs, one of course at home with herself. She is a couple of hours away, and sounds very nice too and genuine? She is going to send me some pics in a moment before she goes to work coz there's no pics on the ad.

Meanwhile I am going to ring the other woman back and ask a few more questions I think. At the end of the day, I only want a dog with a good temperament, as healthy as I can possibly get, and KC doesn't really mean much to me, I won't be breeding or showing, so does it really matter from where I come from, for a playmate for Georgie and a lovable companion for us? I hope it doesn't but you'll probably tell me otherwise!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 10:40 AM
If the parents were sold with endorsements from the original breeder, then the pups wouldn't be able to be registered...

It is vital you see health tests certificates, as Archer says the Haemo one would be important too.

Where di you find the litter H?
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »