View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
viper9115
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:51 PM
The gunners i dont think so. Why are you on this site? It is not to help anyone is it. Maybe you should be on yahoo
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Well, in that case, I would contact the breeder of your bitch and settle all your queries with them and speak to your vet, of course.
viper9115
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Westie_n i have already said that i respect your views, just dont want to take the crap the others are giving it isnt fair.
viper9115
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Westie_n i have been and will be doing that thanks. But i thought that i would get other experiences on it thats all.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 11:14 PM
me...rude??? just honest
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 11:26 PM
if you want to know whether your bitch could be pregnant then take her to your vet-they will tell you whther it is possible or not. but i somehow doubt you will.
you post on these sites for help yet you ignore the advice-every responsible breeder/dog person will tell you not to breed unless it is in the best interests of yourf breed-particularly a dog as 'popular' as a staffie. You should not breed for temperament alone or just because she will be a great mum or the pups will have a lovely nature-because you dont know any of this for sure.
Im sorry if i sound harsh but day after day after day i am dealing with dogs(particularly staffs) that have fallen into the wrong hands and then end up in shelters.
your dog should be a show winner in her breed or have proven herself as a high quality working dog(not appropiate in staffs) before you breed.
Ad since you asked for advice- A bitch is usually most fertile approxametly 12 days after the beginning of her season-she will usually tell you when she is ready-by being willing to allow the dog to mate with her-as they were unable to tie i very much doubt she is pregnant but it is still possible-although litter numbers may be reduced.
I hope this answers your question but i also hope you see sense before her next season and decide not to bree.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by viper9115 View Post
The gunners i dont think so. Why are you on this site? It is not to help anyone is it. Maybe you should be on yahoo
I don't think I or anyone else here could help you, you don't want to listen.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
if you want to know whether your bitch could be pregnant then take her to your vet-they will tell you whther it is possible or not. but i somehow doubt you will.
you post on these sites for help yet you ignore the advice-every responsible breeder/dog person will tell you not to breed unless it is in the best interests of yourf breed-particularly a dog as 'popular' as a staffie. You should not breed for temperament alone or just because she will be a great mum or the pups will have a lovely nature-because you dont know any of this for sure.
Im sorry if i sound harsh but day after day after day i am dealing with dogs(particularly staffs) that have fallen into the wrong hands and then end up in shelters.
your dog should be a show winner in her breed or have proven herself as a high quality working dog(not appropiate in staffs) before you breed.
Ad since you asked for advice- A bitch is usually most fertile approxametly 12 days after the beginning of her season-she will usually tell you when she is ready-by being willing to allow the dog to mate with her-as they were unable to tie i very much doubt she is pregnant but it is still possible-although litter numbers may be reduced.
I hope this answers your question but i also hope you see sense before her next season and decide not to bree.
Well said, totally agree.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Hello i tryed breeding my staff its her 3rd season. I tryed on the 8th day she let him mount her and tryed every day after its now day eleven they still wont lock. Also her blood has turned dark red again is this normal???? Is there a chance she could be pregnant with out a lock? Do i keep mating her will she get pregnant now or is it to late?
Hi Thread starter not wishing to lecture you, but anyone thinking of breeding should first ask themselves ...
..why do I want to breed, will breeding my bitch benefit the breed,
..is my bitch a very good example of the breed,
..has she had the appropriate health tests for her breed and is she from health tested stock,
..have I learnt as much as I can about the breed and taken advice from reputable breeders about the suitability of my bitch for breeding,
..can I afford the vets bills if my bitch needs a cesarean,
..can I afford to rear all the puppies myself and keep them for a lifetime if no one wants them,
..can I take back any puppies that are sold and become 'unwanted' because for some reason the new owner can't keep them .
..have I got the knowledge to whelp a bitch and make sure she and the puppies are correctly handled.
If the answer to any of these things is no you really shouldn't be breeding.

The question you are asking is the sort of question anyone who had read up on the subject should really know.

Sorry if this does seems like a lecture. We live in difficult times and the rescue centres are full to the brim with unwanted dogs, the economic situation has made the problem of unwanted dogs much worse. It is wise to think hard before breeding so that we don't add to the problem of unwanted dogs.

This is an article on the subject..
http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=12589
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Hi
You have done the health tests for your bitch and I hope you take minihahas post on board.....but if you can honestly say you are doing this for the right reasons then I hope the following can answer your question
YES it is possible for a bitch to conceive with a slip mating (no tie)
A bitch can conceive from verey early on in her season to quite late...I have heard of mating being successful from day 9 to day 22.
The fact the dogs will not tie will not reduce the no of puppies.If sperm has reached the eggs then the only factor is the quantity of eggs released by the bitch.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »