Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Hey Donny, can't wait to see the photos. Woody was born 5 Sep 08, the day my husband and I got married! Post on his first puppy class to follow ;o)
Just noticed Woody's birthday, exactly the same day as Tara
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi all.

Well I have to say, since making this post things have been much better (she says having just had her ear bitten and hair pulled!!). He was so good in the first puppy class last weds that it's really made me feel pleased with his progress (and ours). I think sometimes you can despair with a puppy, as with children (I used to be a nursery nurse) that they are never going to learn but I need to be patient. Clearly the effort we're putting in (whilst exhausting) is paying off and the reward will be a well behaved, happy, dog, (I nearly said calm too and then remembered I have a Springer ;o)

He's an absolute training fiend. He sits there, patiently waiting for you to give him a command to think about and master. We've got him, at 12 weeks to sit there unrestrained and "leave it" when a treat is thrown by his feet or held under his nose. He's a joy to train, such a fast leaner and so eager and his recall is amazing, so far!

Rips, I'm going to get one of those balls. I've been thinking about them for a while and your suggestion has pushed me to do it, thanks.

We're working on taking him out in the car more and yesterday was the first time we left him alone. We made sure he was really tired from a lovely, long walk and plonked him in the back of the car for a quick drive to Waitrose. We have a CRV with huge boot space and he had a blanket and a couple of chew toys. He whined and barked on the way there but we ignored him and praised him when he went quiet. Leaving him was horrid as we felt bad, but we whizzed round the shop for 20 mins and came back. He was curled up on his blanket, fast asleep! Love him, although he did do a little wee on the blanket!

Thank you all for your kind words and understanding. It's really helping me get through this! You all rock, heaps! xx
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by littlelab View Post
Just noticed Woody's birthday, exactly the same day as Tara
The day my husband and I got married ;o)
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2008, 10:20 AM
OOO lots to celebrate and be grateful for then ;0)
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi Pidge,

Naming Ruby's toys was easy. They're all called Gary!!! No, I don't know why either!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Donny dog View Post
Hi Pidge,

Naming Ruby's toys was easy. They're all called Gary!!! No, I don't know why either!!
When do we get to see some pictures??????

Woody has:

Monty the Mallard
Phoebe the Pheasant
Lola the Swan
Goose the Canadian Goose
Monkey
Wraggy
and Snugga, Chubba Wubbas

It's all abit sad really but we find it amusing ;o)
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Great to hear Woody is doing so well! It just goes to show that you get back what you put in! Are you doing the KC good citizen scheme? Woody will have his bronze in no time!! It took Pepper about a year.

But I would just say please don't leave him unattended in a car park if you can possibly avoid it. Unfortunately there are people out there who would see him as a very valuable commodity and quite happily break into your car to steal him. There was a thread on here a while back about this happening to someone.

Keep up the good work, and the progress reports!

J
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 05:11 PM
To be honest, I doubt he'll ever be left in the car, I just want to know that if he's with me and I need to nip in for something, or get some fuel he'll be OK.

I'm so terrified of someone stealing him. A lot of people have warned us about that when we're out on our walks. Not that it's a dodgy area (not at all really) just that he would be a prime target.

Scary!
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2008, 09:19 PM
It is funny pidge! Especially when we call 'get Gary' and she's not quite sure what to do. I promise this next week we'll get some pictures on here. With her favourite 'Gary' of course!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 09:23 PM
OK, can't wait!

We've trained Woody to fetch either bone, ball or Lola (the Swan) and he goes to the right one every time now, bless him! So funny!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >