View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
there is a min pin breeder that walks her dogs on the field near me! They are ADORABLE! I have been sooooo tempted, but a miniature breed with my three? I already get odd looks for having a lurcher and two 'husky types'. They are all so brave and play beautifully with my great big lumbering doggies! They all have cute pet names too like killer and fang... In my crazier moments I have considered getting miniature and standard clones... Like a Samoyed and a japanese spitz, a doberman and a min pin, a greyhound and an italian greyhound and a Husky and a Klee kai or miniature husky!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh Magpye i know exactly what you mean! I have a doberman and have a secret fantasy to get a little min pin mini him!!!!!!! I also want one of every size Schnauzer! Glad i am not the only one with these strange mini me fantasies
Oh and those min pins sound GORGEOUS!!
LittleLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
I must admit that I haven't heard of some of these breeds, nor know how to pronounce their names. But the breed I would like to meet would have to be the Irish Deerhound, just to see exactly how 'mahousive' they really are.

L.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by LittleLady View Post
I must admit that I haven't heard of some of these breeds, nor know how to pronounce their names. But the breed I would like to meet would have to be the Irish Deerhound, just to see exactly how 'mahousive' they really are.

L.
Scottish Deerhounds aren't that mahoosive -although they are definitely on the larger side. Are you sure you don't mean Irish Wolfhounds? Now they can be HUUUGE
Ours is just a year old and has totally freaked out next door's little pony as this dog has grown and grown until he is the same height
LittleLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
Scottish Deerhounds aren't that mahoosive -although they are definitely on the larger side. Are you sure you don't mean Irish Wolfhounds? Now they can be HUUUGE
Ours is just a year old and has totally freaked out next door's little pony as this dog has grown and grown until he is the same height
Ooh, can I change my mind

Yep definatly want to meet one of those Pony's in disguise

L.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
never thought an otterhound would smell that bad. I thought newfies were supposed to smell a bit B.O.ish.

Newfies...... a bit .... BO ish!!!

Thats a bit harsh on my lovely cuddly teddy bears....
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I'd love to meet a xoloitzcuintli and a neo mastiff - never met either one before.

I have met, but would love to meet again - an irish wolfhound!

I looked at getting a xoloitzcuintli instead of a dally next time but doubt it'll happen I'm soo stuck on dallies!

I am also really tempted by Irish wolfies but I simply don't have space atm although I do think it'd be really good for Takara!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I will have to try and work out how to post some pics/vids of our irish Wolfie. He/they really are the sweetest, most loving dogs. Although you do need tons of space for them and patience as it can be quite difficult having a puppy who is bigger than most full grown dogs!!! LOL!!!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks woodstock...

I'm not sure about taking on a wolfie puppy to be perfectly honest...
I think if I were to take on a wolfie it'd be an older rescue - purely because I know how much work they take as pups making sure they don't hurt themselves or damage their growing bones/cartlidge. Whilst a rescue dog may have the problems associated with this anyway, it won't be my fault if it does!!

I'd never forgive myself if I damaged a puppy through letting him do too much and I have to confess I'm a bit 'let a dog be a dog' because I have such a robust breed that just bounces if they fall!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh totally - it's really hard because they are such playful puppies!
Rescue is a really good option and there is a good Wolfhound rescue society. Will try and dig out the details if you like. Most of the dogs that end up there are there simply because of their size. Again, i wish people would take the time to do their research before buying a pup but i am preaching to the converted here
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >