Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:13 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Yeah and we'll be white-haired and gibbering wrecks .
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Charlie was in a bed from 18 months as we were put into a church run bed and breakfast (a lovely one while we waited for adaptations) and they provided a travel cot for him.... which he tipped over lol
So he had to sleep in a bottom bunk and was fine.

I'm also very lucky in that I can honestly say he had ONE tantrum!
He was about 3 and up til then was lovely. We were going to play the usual 'let's tidy up the toys' game before dinner.... when he said 'No, I won't!'.
Never having had him disagree before I just said 'come on Charlie'..... well the poop hit the fan! He started screaming and shouting and stomping.
So, I picked up winnie the pooh and said, 'Come on Pooh, let's go and tidy up and then WE can have some nice dinner'.
He went into my bedroom, the other side of the bed and screamed and screamed and kicked etc. Everytime I walked past the open door he bobbed back down again as had obviously been looking to see if I was looking at him.

It went on for over an hour, during which time Pooh and I sat at the table and had dinner.
I kept saying 'I wonder if Charlie is going to come and sit down like a good boy and have dinner with us?'.

Eventually, he came in. We had a cuddle, we tidied up the toys and he had his dinner.... and he got to eat Pooh's cake.

It was very hard not to go to him, but I have to say it worked and he never, ever had a tantrum again.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:41 PM
She's growing up Linda She trying to test how far mummy and daddy can be pushed

There's not much I can add to what has already been said. Just remember that one day, you can remind her of all the naughty things she did as a baby, preferably in front of her friends
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
She's growing up Linda She trying to test how far mummy and daddy can be pushed

There's not much I can add to what has already been said. Just remember that one day, you can remind her of all the naughty things she did as a baby, preferably in front of her friends
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5