View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I think they ARE kids at that age Alex, even babies when they get over 80! It's a very sad sight sometimes ya know and the insight I have now had, I certainly don't want to live to that age that's for sure! Thanks Alex.xxxxxx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
thinking of you, hoping that things steadily improve for you and your mum.

Zeita sends gentle heeling but sloppy licks to you and your mum xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I think they ARE kids at that age Alex, even babies when they get over 80! It's a very sad sight sometimes ya know and the insight I have now had, I certainly don't want to live to that age that's for sure! Thanks Alex.xxxxxx
As you know my mom is 87yrs the one I like (sorry it makes me laugh) is when she says.......'Oh! that poor old dear over the road, I felt sorry for her so I offered my help'
The 'poor old dear is 70yrs with a Hubby' .....................
My Mom 'wobbles' everywhere.............glad they don't take up her offer we would be in a mess
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks Mel, especially for my Zeita sloppy licks!!!

Lol at your Mum Stevie! They are exactly the same the two of them! My Mum is always asking why she is in with such OLD people! I tell her because she is old and she just replies "not in my mind I'm not"! One of the night staff at the care home was helping her on the commode one night and because Mum thought she was older than her, she asked her how old she was and she replied that she was nearly 70. Mum was shocked and told her she shouldn't have to work at that age, but the woman replied she didn't HAVE to work there, but she wanted to! Mum then said to her,"well you go and get your sleep and I won't ring the bell again tonight, I'll put myself on the commode!" Priceless aren't they! xxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry, H, but I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and tell her to put more tonic in it from now on!

Otherwise, the TZBCs will come and get her!

Snorri
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Lol, funny you should say that Snorri If it had been 20 years ago I would have said that coz she did like her little drink in those days. Not now of course, even though they have a bar in her Care Home and they all have a sherry before their lunch, Mum always declines!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Mel, especially for my Zeita sloppy licks!!!

Lol at your Mum Stevie! They are exactly the same the two of them! My Mum is always asking why she is in with such OLD people! I tell her because she is old and she just replies "not in my mind I'm not"! One of the night staff at the care home was helping her on the commode one night and because Mum thought she was older than her, she asked her how old she was and she replied that she was nearly 70. Mum was shocked and told her she shouldn't have to work at that age, but the woman replied she didn't HAVE to work there, but she wanted to! Mum then said to her,"well you go and get your sleep and I won't ring the bell again tonight, I'll put myself on the commode!" Priceless aren't they! xxxx
Oh! priceless
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I remember when Mrs S' Mum (then aged just short of 90) was in hospital having her kneecap operated on. Her first comment when discharged was "I'm glad to be out of there - it's all full of old people!"

Priceless, indeed.

Snorri
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Glad things are a little calmer for you today Aitch. Hope things are looking up now and your dear old mum is on the mend. Cassie says you can come up here for a holiday anytime. Big wags and Cyber Cass licks. Many hugs from us too. xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I suppose we won't know until we get there will we, whether we will consider all the other oldies far too old to mix with!!! xxx

Thanks Jackie, especially for my Cassie wags and licks, much appreciated as always xxxx

Now, I've concocted a cunning plan! I've rung the hospital and asked if I could possibly go in in the mornings instead of the afternoons (when I need my nap!) if I give my Mum a good wash and tidy her all up, and they were overjoyed with that and said that will be fine!!!! My plans always work!

The thing I need to know is, what time do you think they do the washing in the wards? I did ask, but I spoke to the physio who then asked the sister, and it was all a bit hectic and she didn't know the best time. I wonder if Nippy could help me out on this one coz she used to be a nurse and she's likely to know?? I reckon about 10.30 would be ok????Anyone know please???
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >