View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Metal bowls for food - because they get thrown around by the dogs after meals and they go in the dishwasher for sterilisation.

The water bowls in the kennels are metal and bolted onto the side of the kennel. In the house they have a large ceramic Mason & Cash water bowl. Which never gets washed out with anything other than pure water as it picks up the taste of detergents etc - apparently.

No plastic water bowls or they end up being eaten, taken up the garden and killed etc.
liz
Dogsey Junior

24-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Food bowls are stainless steal on stands.
water bowl is pot.
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Ceramic for water, stainless steel for food.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 08:26 AM
Two heavy duty dishwasher safe ceramics - as the clink of tag on the metal bowl scared poor Missy
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
As the title suggests, we have ceramic dog bowls, well we did until yesterday when Ruby's got smashed, so i am off to buy some new ones.

I decided to go for the metal ones (for obvious reasons) but just wondered what everyone else has?

Cant decide whether to get the ones on a stand or just put them on the floor
I have always used stainless steel bowls for 2 reasons 1st I think there more highgenic than ceramic no cracks or chips, 2nd I suffer from dropsys on occation
I feed from the floor, you only need to feed high if you have giant breeds or dog's with HD, wobblers (my breed) etc.

Mo and the Gang xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I have two large stainless steel bowls that sit in a stand for Loki. The only down side is sometimes she knocks over the stand and the water goes all over the floor in the kitchenette - good job it is tiled!!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5