View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2008, 04:35 PM
I wierdly found it smelling like gone of cat food with some sort of sugar sprinkled on it! Which is how you described it yea! It made me feel like hurling! Sorry to be so disgusting!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Lots of love to little Ana,
I hope she comes home soon.

Big hugs to you aswell xxxx

Love Suzi , Meg and Mack xxx
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Lots of love to little Ana,
I hope she comes home soon.

Big hugs to you aswell xxxx

Love Suzi , Meg and Mack xxx
Oooooo you have a furry with the same name as mine!!
What breed is Meg?
xxx
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 05:01 PM
A Golden Retriever, who is usually very muddy and not very golden
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Awwww!!! Ana went out into the kennel yard for a tinkle earlier!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Just caught this i hope your wee baby makes a full recovery ,xdk
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Re the comments on your other thread about taking meg out while Ana has parvo, info as promised :

========================

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/s...cle.cfm?id=242

"Parvovirus can persist in the environment for long periods. It is important to clean up after
an infection. Washing the animal's area with bleach and water in a 1:30 dilution will kill the
virus. The bowls should be thrown away and the bedding either bleached or thrown away
to prevent further spread of the infection. Discard all feces from the infected dog. Humans
can also spread the disease on their hands if they touch feces from an infected dog and then
touch a puppy without washing properly. Very small amounts of fecal material on the dog's
coat can contain large numbers of viral organisms and can easily be transmitted to a
susceptible dog. "

==========================

It can also be transmitted on shoes, clothes, and certainly from another dog having been in close contact or usng the same bedding etc, so yourselves and Meg are as likely to spread the disease to vulnerable dogs and letting it get in the ground everywhere you go.

I`m amazed, [ but pleased obviously ], that Ana is already well enough to be going out to toilet, however, given the gravity of the disease, I have to ask what the vets are thinking letting her toilet in an area presumably used by other patients
She should be in isolation, full stop - are you absolutely sure she has`nt been misdiagnosed, because such a fast recovery, enough to be taken off a drip and able to go outside to toilet so soon, and being taken to an area which would put other already poorly dogs with possibly compromised immune systems at massive risk is just - well - I would run a mile from a vet who thought it was ok, I can`t sugarcoat it, the disease is a devastating killer and just can`t be treated so flippantly in terms of risk factors to other dogs
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Re the comments on your other thread about taking meg out while Ana has parvo, info as promised :

========================

http://www.cvm.uiuc.edu/petcolumns/s...cle.cfm?id=242

"Parvovirus can persist in the environment for long periods. It is important to clean up after
an infection. Washing the animal's area with bleach and water in a 1:30 dilution will kill the
virus. The bowls should be thrown away and the bedding either bleached or thrown away
to prevent further spread of the infection. Discard all feces from the infected dog. Humans
can also spread the disease on their hands if they touch feces from an infected dog and then
touch a puppy without washing properly. Very small amounts of fecal material on the dog's
coat can contain large numbers of viral organisms and can easily be transmitted to a
susceptible dog. "

==========================

It can also be transmitted on shoes, clothes, and certainly from another dog having been in close contact or usng the same bedding etc, so yourselves and Meg are as likely to spread the disease to vulnerable dogs and letting it get in the ground everywhere you go.

I`m amazed, [ but pleased obviously ], that Ana is already well enough to be going out to toilet, however, given the gravity of the disease, I have to ask what the vets are thinking letting her toilet in an area presumably used by other patients
She should be in isolation, full stop - are you absolutely sure she has`nt been misdiagnosed, because such a fast recovery, enough to be taken off a drip and able to go outside to toilet so soon, and being taken to an area which would put other already poorly dogs with possibly compromised immune systems at massive risk is just - well - I would run a mile from a vet who thought it was ok, I can`t sugarcoat it, the disease is a devastating killer and just can`t be treated so flippantly in terms of risk factors to other dogs
i was just thinking that patch

hope shes ok soon though...

how old is she??
meg's_mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2008, 06:54 PM
She is about 9 weeks now. I have thrown both Ana's and Meg's bowls and bedding out. I never leave there stool i clean it up as soon as they have done it as my rabbits go out in the garden. Thanks will wash my clothes pronto. She went out into the iso yard that our nurses disenfect after every dog has been out there. After reading you post I myself have given her a blood test. I guess that way i can make sure that she has been diagnosed properly. I also said the same thing to my collegee, and i think i got my point across as i wasnt very subtle. The vet who has been treating her is a trainee and i have requested that our head vet take over. I just dont trust him.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Are you qualified to take a blood test?
Becky
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »