View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 11:34 PM
thought it was boxes of wine you necked.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
thought it was boxes of wine you necked.
hey phil if your buying i;m drinking hehehe
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:39 PM
PMSL!
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
That's one reason I'm glad 80% of our work is private as working on behalf of social services can very limiting as to what we can do and can't do, and in terms of time given us to do it. I swear sometimes they just want trained monkeys or robots, as there is no time given to be personal.
This is the thing, I just don't have time to spend with the patients, a lot of my time is taken up with documenting everything so the hospital (and myself!) don't get sued!

I wear quite funky socks (stripey, funny characters on them etc) which always make people laugh. I've recently been told that I can't wear them as it's against regulations!!! Err, why???? The patents are always commenting on them and it cheers them up for godsake!

I basically told them they could stick their regulations and I'd see them in court!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:41 PM
here here ........socks ?????????????

is the sock police involved rips ?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
hey phil if your buying i;m drinking hehehe
I have nowhere near enough money to keep up with your drinking habbits, in fact I dont thing the bank of england do.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I have nowhere near enough money to keep up with your drinking habbits, in fact I dont thing the bank of england do.
they gave me a LOAN lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:48 PM
My mum works in residential socal care, basically she works in a respite home but for children with varying levels of disabilites, from learning disability to severely handicapped and wheelchair bound children up to the age of 16. She has been bitten, spat at, scratched, kicked, punched, you name it! I remember once a collegue was bitten so badly she was rushed into A&E.

Obviously it is a little different as these are children with mental and behavioural problems but somewhere along the same lines as some of them still expect to be slaved after even as children and teenagers. My auntie and her daughter both work in care homes for the elderly too so having heard all of the stories all I can say is that it's definately not for me!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
My mum works in residential socal care, basically she works in a respite home but for children with varying levels of disabilites, from learning disability to severely handicapped and wheelchair bound children up to the age of 16. She has been bitten, spat at, scratched, kicked, punched, you name it! I remember once a collegue was bitten so badly she was rushed into A&E.

Obviously it is a little different as these are children with mental and behavioural problems but somewhere along the same lines as some of them still expect to be slaved after even as children and teenagers. My auntie and her daughter both work in care homes for the elderly too so having heard all of the stories all I can say is that it's definately not for me!
It's definitely hard work and very challenging at times, but the abuse from patients I can cope with. The patients can't help it really, but it's the severe lack of funding to be able to look after the patients properly (eg one to one care when needed) in the first place that really p*sses me off! The managers do all the cut backs and we take all the flack! Perfect job, that!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 06:58 AM
Sounds nasty, Rips, but I think it's becoming more common now that there are more mentally unstable people amongst the general public - care in the community.....
Be careful honey xox
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Sorry Rips.How horrible for you.
All these targets the Goverment sets for the NHS,Teachers Police,GP's and Surgeries is becoming a nightmare like you say you can't do your job how you would like no wonder things are in such a mess now. IMO they should let the people who have trained for these jobs get on with their jobs and keep their noses out.After all its our taxes that pay for the services in the first place the way they behave you would think it comes out of their pockets personally.
Rant over.
Keep up the good work and keep wearing those socks.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >