Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I don't want him to live outside, I just want to be able to leave him outside while I'm at work......I just thought he might prefer to be outside whilst I'm out so that he's not stuck inside...I'm not sure mind, he's a bit of a wimp when it comes to walking in the cold and rain.....
My suggestion would be, if possible, to burglar proof your garden and have a dog flap fitted. :smt001
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
My friend's housemate is from Malta........Apparently, he finds it strange that we have our dogs inside!
This is pretty much the same here in Czech Republic too and in many parts of Eastern Europe. It makes me angry, I don't see it as a 'cultural' thing at all, even if they are 'working' dogs they should be allowed to choose where they want to be.

With our two, they have the choice of where they sleep, in winter it's often too hot for them inside so they will choose to sleep outside, in summer it's often cooler indoors so that's where the sleep. Even in winter they will often come indoors around 5am and lie by the bed. Rianna on my side and Baruska on OH's side

That Maltese guy might think it strange but you are the civilised one not him
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Nice bit of cultural prejudice there....lets hope you are consistent enough to call New Zealanders uncivilized then, as being half kiwi myself, i can attest that they too think it strange when dog live inside...or do you only reserve your comments for darker foreigners?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Nice bit of cultural prejudice there....lets hope you are consistent enough to call New Zealanders uncivilized then, as being half kiwi myself, i can attest that they too think it strange when dog live inside...or do you only reserve your comments for darker foreigners?
I may have missed somit but if not,,, I dont think the post above refered to everyone from malta,,, I think it just refered to the attitude of one man, No mention of NZ or anything
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I may have missed somit but if not,,, I dont think the post above refered to everyone from malta,,, I think it just refered to the attitude of one man, No mention of NZ or anything
Mee fink me missed somethink too. However ive 12 and all but one sleeps outside and sometimes the one who does, it totally depends on his mood, there in insulated kennels with heat lamps also, and as regarding thief's they would have to get past them first, i've no worries in that department,and the youngsters have never known any diffrent and when they do come in, they yap till they get out!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 11:27 PM
ZB, you have 12 boxers? Can i come and be boxerfied LOL! x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
ZB, you have 12 boxers? Can i come and be boxerfied LOL! x
You can come share wif me if you like.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2007, 11:34 PM
Just booking tickets

Its just hit me that you guys will have Irish accents!!! How cool!!!!!! Have you a pic of your boxers all together????? I want to be boxerfied!!!!!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 01:46 AM
My two are both inside, they have a crate and bedding ( door left open ) but both love to get in the crate and snuggle up
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2007, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
OK - one man from Malta.
Still, according to the poster persons that find it strange that dogs that live inside are uncivilised, and those that dont find it strange are civilised.
With the added irony she doesnt think it is has anything to do with culture - then posts an example of this.
So im intrigued if she would say the same thing about 'one man from New Zealand' then, as i'm interested in what inspires her use of the culturally prejudiced word 'uncivilised'.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >