View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I must admit I did suspect them at first. But if you had done it would you keep it as high profile as they have done, risking a witness coming forward who may have seen something that proves there guilt, and they have had media on the trail since it happend so I can see how they would move a body.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
its all very sad - also the coverage for maddie is wonderful -
yet we havent heard about the other 50+ children in the UK that have gone missing since maddie did, the coverage isnt there for them.

i sincerely hope it was not her parents as its too sick to contemplate.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree with a lot of you..........something hasn't been 'right' from the start of this case.

What I (and a lot of other people) find odd, is the lack of emotion from her parents. I haven't seem them cry or show sadness etc on any interview.
I don't have kids, but if my pets went missing I'd cry - and I've seen parents of missing kids before on TV, and most of them can't talk properly because they are so upset.
Maddies parents just always seem to relaxed IMO.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Maybe because they admittedly left her alone?

Two professional doctors, go out for a meal/drink with friends and leave all their children under 4 years old alone in a foreign apartment.
They go back to check and find an accident has happened and Maddie is dead?
They would probably be charged with child neglect at the least. Maybe lose their other two children? It may affect their professional status?

Who knows what goes through people's mind when under stress.

We don't know what happened at the moment. I too have always had my suspicions, I just hope it wasn't her parents.
Put like that, its very feasible isnt it.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I agree with a lot of you..........something hasn't been 'right' from the start of this case.

What I (and a lot of other people) find odd, is the lack of emotion from her parents. I haven't seem them cry or show sadness etc on any interview.
I don't have kids, but if my pets went missing I'd cry - and I've seen parents of missing kids before on TV, and most of them can't talk properly because they are so upset.
Maddies parents just always seem to relaxed IMO.
I agree completely, I was particularly uncomfortable on the 100th day since she went missing, it just felt so wrong watching them on the tv. Maybe with all the awful people in the world we are all too cynical, but it doesn't feel like we are....
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:55 PM
It seems the Potugese authorities are now treating it as a death, rather than a disappearance. It will be interesting to see where there evidence is for this conclusion.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Not sure about this I do have a horrible feeling the police are making up for their imcompetence (sp) hope i'm not wrong..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
i hope it isn;t tue ...but there has never been any trace of maddie

the only thing that makes me think its another police error is if that were me and i had done this i would have got out as soon as possible as after all its only them staying in Portugal thats kept it in the headlines
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Thats my thinking, if they were involved why carry on keeping it high profile
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 06:17 PM
There have been many cases where a family member has been on the telly to do an appeal only to find out later they were the ones who commited the crime so to me it is not too far fetched that they have kept it high profile if they were responsible.
Becky
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »