register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

03-03-2005, 05:57 PM
What would be the best way to look up pitbull breeders whilst I am in Ireland?
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Isnt it good about a month ago you didnt like the bull breeds Jess now look at you well done.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by tom
with difficulty
you could try posting on the bull terrier times board i think theres a few folk from ireland post on there, but they can be quite (rightly) suspicious of strangers and will probably advise you to forget the idea cos theres someone on there almost every week asking about pitbulls, but if you persist and they see you as being genuine they might be able to help
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 06:12 PM
abbymum:

i would rather say i was misinformed. i wanted to kill off the breed, to stop all the hassle. indeed it would, but we would lose something to...and where would it end? i am just schocked though at how wrong we can be, just because we are told what way to think by way of the media. its down right brainwashing - but we take it all in.
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

03-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
Originally Posted by tom
with difficulty
you could try posting on the bull terrier times board i think theres a few folk from ireland post on there, but they can be quite (rightly) suspicious of strangers and will probably advise you to forget the idea cos theres someone on there almost every week asking about pitbulls, but if you persist and they see you as being genuine they might be able to help
Thanks CBT, might give it a go

Do the actual breeders in Eire remain pretty secretive, I mean do they not have an organisation or something you can call to find local breeders?
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-03-2005, 06:34 PM
the pitbul is banned in Eire and there is muzzling orders on 40 other breeds of dog

.................................................. .................................................. .......Vistors to the Eire who intend to stay for less than thirty days are not required to get a dog licenec those who ... There is currently a ban on Pitbull terriers ...
.................................................. .................................................. ..
some of the dogs on muzzleing ordersBulldogs, Bull Mastiffs, Doberman Pinschers, English Bull Terriers, German Shepherd (Alsatians), Japanese Akitas, Japanese Tosas, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweilers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers including any other strain or cross or every breed or type of dog so described.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

03-03-2005, 07:35 PM

it doesnt seem to be working then, cos I know a few who regularly ship in pits and other bull breeds from the states
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5