View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I do hope Loki will soon be back home with you and feeling a lot better. She must be wondering what is going on bless her.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 10:42 AM
My thoughts are with you at this worrying time, hope everything is ok and please let us know what the vet says today!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 02:50 PM
I called the vet at 3 pm and was told Loki had taken another 2 fits, one lasting about a minute and the other a minute and a half. The nurse said they would call me back.

I just received a call from the vet and told that they were keeping her for another night. She hasn't taken any more fits since the one about 2 pm. She has been given another injection to calm her down.

I am so disappointed as I really thought I would get her home today. Still, got to be realistic, she is in the best place for on the spot treatment, which I could not give her here.

Again, Everyone, many thanks for all your support and good wishes - when I do get Loki back, with all the hugs I will give her from you all - she will be sore

Thanks all

Rose xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh Rose - masses of hugs coming your way, you poor girl. Oh God you must feel so devastated, I know. I'm so sorry but at least Loki is being looked after in a good place.

Her condition sounds so like my Loki's - clusters of fits that last up to around 3 days. Even though his have lessened in severity and are not so frequent they still come over 3 days. The valium doesn't stop it but I think eases it a little.

Are the vets giving any advice on treatment in the future?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Awww poor Rose, another night without your baby then. As you say, she's inthe best possible place, they can help her a lot more than you, and actually this is a good thing because they can actually see her taking a fit now and maybe learn a lot from it and maybe change her medication accordingly. Look on the bright side Rose, coz there could be a bright side to all this?? I'm hoping so anyway. I'm sure you'll have her back bright as a button tomorrow, and if they have changed her medication you might see a complete change for the future, got everything crossed. Lots of hugs for you, you'll miss her again tonight, but you definitely need to catch up on that sleep from the other night, so make the most of it, it'll soon be tomorrow! xxx
Tracii
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Sorry Loki couldn't come home, but as you say she's in the best place.
Make the most of it especially while the parrots are quiet!!
Get some rest and food inside you.
Sending you lots of huggs
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Rose,

Sorry to hear about Loki. I hope she is feeling better and is home with you soon. Be strong.

Take good care.

Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
So sorry she's not home Rose, but as Helena said, if the vets have actually seen Loki havig one of her fits they may be able to alter the medication. Take care, i'm sure she'll be home soon.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
oh i have only just read ths i am so sorry you going throu a bad time hun i really hope the vets get her settled for you soon so she can come home i am thinking of you both and sending hugs xxxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Oh Rose - masses of hugs coming your way, you poor girl. Oh God you must feel so devastated, I know. I'm so sorry but at least Loki is being looked after in a good place.

Her condition sounds so like my Loki's - clusters of fits that last up to around 3 days. Even though his have lessened in severity and are not so frequent they still come over 3 days. The valium doesn't stop it but I think eases it a little.

Are the vets giving any advice on treatment in the future?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello LS Many thanks for your wishes. Yes, the vet said Loki was being given extra medication and it would be altered when I get her - hopefully, fingers, toes and all crossed, back tomorrow! She told me the fits did not last long, as I said. So perhaps that is something!

I think my Loki's conditions does sound like your Loki's! I just hope that my Loki will be the same - less frequently!

Roll on 9.30 am tomorrow - I have started clock watching!

Again, many thanks, LS. I do appreciate it very much.

Rose xx
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »