Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I'll PM you

thanks for that Nicci. It really p***** me off when I know several breeders who are trying ther best to keep the lines pure and sort problems out in the breed! (ears IMO lol) and the people who we are surposed to trush are letting thing slip by!!! thanks again!

p.s. I didn't know you where a member on there?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
Farmers boy WAS the only line of Pits that was attempted to be introduced into the Irish lines
Sadly it's very common for Pits or Pits/Irish Stafford crosses to be sold under the name of irish staffords, not by reputable breeders but by criminals and thugs( - sorry couldn't think of another name for them) inevitably you'll end up with some dilute lines
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 09:47 PM
thanks for the input! but I feel that you Illustrate the point I just made, as this is what the tabloid press would have you believe! If this is the truth surly the Irish bull terrier would have only appeared after the pits were banned? But they were already around? Plus they really look nothing like a pitt bull!

thanks once again for you honest answer!

You're welcome. but after 35 years in dogs, the tabloid press has nothing to do with my beliefs, I don't buy newspapers.

Dawn R.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
IKC does stand for the Irish Kennel Club, indeed that is how they are commonly referred to here by show exhibitors and owners of agility/obedience dogs registered to compete. However, I believe that there is a separate organisation also known as IKC so it is necessary to be clear which one you are talking about. It is true that the Irish Kennel Club do not recognise these breeds. The information on this is easy enough to check.
Yep,I know it is commonly referred to as the IKC,but when some of the Breeders of Irish Staffords Put they are IKC reg it doesn't mean they are registered with the Irish Kennel Club because they aren't a recognised breed.It causes alot of confusion to be honest.
IKC Reg regarding Irish Staffords is a registration system run by Ed Reid.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Sadly it's very common for Pits or Pits/Irish Stafford crosses to be sold under the name of irish staffords, not by reputable breeders but by criminals and thugs( - sorry couldn't think of another name for them) inevitably you'll end up with some dilute lines
this, sadly, I know but I feel that, if the breed is to survive, we must try to ride out this storm. hopefully there will be enough true breeders out there to keep the true lines alive!! and one day who knows? I'll always keep the faith! the best dogs I've ever owned!
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 09:49 PM
thanks for that Nicci. It really p***** me off when I know several breeders who are trying ther best to keep the lines pure and sort problems out in the breed! (ears IMO lol) and the people who we are surposed to trush are letting thing slip by!!! thanks again!

p.s. I didn't know you where a member on there?
I'm not a member there but know several folk who are I've PM'd you again
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
the best dogs I've ever owned!
They are beautiful dogs :smt049
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
The IKC in this instance, is short for Intercontinental Kennel Club, it was invented by Ed Reid to register his ''Irish Stafordshire Bull Terriers''

Dawn R.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Yep,I know it is commonly referred to as the IKC,but when some of the Breeders of Irish Staffords Put they are IKC reg it doesn't mean they are registered with the Irish Kennel Club because they aren't a recognised breed.It causes alot of confusion to be honest.
IKC Reg regarding Irish Staffords is a registration system run by Ed Reid.
IMO you should dissmiss any dog as a true Irish Bull terrier if it isn't REG with the SIBTC. Ed Reids IKC is used because it can be cofussed with the Irish Kennel Club! it's not used by any of the true breed lovers that I know! and I can only speak for the folk I know!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
The IKC in this instance, is short for Intercontinental Kennel Club, it was invented by Ed Reid to register his ''Irish Stafordshire Bull Terriers''

Dawn R.
Mr Reid although he owend dogs bought off Shaun Barker, did not own Irish Stafordshire Bull Terriers he owend imported Am staffs aka pit bulls that mr Barker once owned, not his Irish dogs. I have confirmed this info' with mr Barker himself as this did worry me as well. mr Reid started the IKC this is true but never owned Irish bull terriers!

sorry but I have checked this out by speaking to mr barker both via email and on the phone.
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »