View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I wrote an email of complaint to the SSPCA and they haven't even bothered to reply to me! I would like to see the evidence of how poor Kyle is living now, not just go on the word of the website.
spaniel
New Member!
Female 

18-01-2007, 08:48 PM
It is very easy to critisise those who are actually out there working in the frountline to protect animals, those who must work within the law. Sitting in your Ivory Tower publishing exagerated information and the worst pictures of limitted views without fully investigating the full story.

I would urge everyone reading this story and feeling angry for CD, or Kyle as he is really called, to look at the Scottish SPCA's website, scottishspca.org and read their version of events on the news page. They have been acting to help this dog, but have had to work within the law. Even at its worst the situation for Kyle was never as bad as portrayed here and over the pas weeks they have ben working with the owner to improve the conditions for Kyle. They have the dog examined by a vet, who has behavioural expeience, who in his expert opinion has certified the dog as being in good physical health and not suffering emotionally. Without an expert oinion from a vet to certify that the dog is suffering the Scottish SPCA would be unable to remove the dog, even if they felt that that was the appropriate action.
This is a site for dog lovers, the majority of who I would expect spoil their dogs, but we must always remember that dogs are dogs and can be perfectly happy in other environments than stretched out on a sofa or in front of a fire!
spaniel
New Member!
Female 

18-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I wrote an email of complaint to the SSPCA and they haven't even bothered to reply to me! I would like to see the evidence of how poor Kyle is living now, not just go on the word of the website.
Good to see a reasoned response! even frustrated about a lack of reply from the Scottish SPCA you do at least once to see the other side and the current facts, sanity at last. See the website.
GSDDaft
New Member!
Female 

18-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Once again the SSPCA are covering their tracks. Do they really care about CD - if so why has this dog been in this situation for 5 years? They have known about him for a very long time, his situation has been reported to them many times. Here is an update - the real truth? Judge for yourself.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...statement.html

I challenge any dog lover to vist this dog and see for yourself. This dog would be better off put to sleep than have to live this way.

I put it to you that the reason for this press release is a damage limitation exercise. They seriously underestimated the power of the web and how it could highlight their failings.
Wouldn't this have been a good opportunity to test the new Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006? If this ACT can't help this dog, then the taxpayer has been robbed of the miilions of pounds used to get this ACT through.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by GSDDaft View Post
Once again the SSPCA are covering their tracks. Do they really care about CD - if so why has this dog been in this situation for 5 years? They have known about him for a very long time, his situation has been reported to them many times. Here is an update - the real truth? Judge for yourself.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...statement.html

I challenge any dog lover to vist this dog and see for yourself. This dog would be better off put to sleep than have to live this way.

I put it to you that the reason for this press release is a damage limitation exercise. They seriously underestimated the power of the web and how it could highlight their failings.
Wouldn't this have been a good opportunity to test the new Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006? If this ACT can't help this dog, then the taxpayer has been robbed of the miilions of pounds used to get this ACT through.
Thankyou for your post, and pointing us in the right direction for an update
Very interesting to read!
dogsworld
New Member!
Male 

18-01-2007, 10:55 PM
You know, it absolutely staggers me sometimes the 'far holier than thou' attitude of some 'animal lovers', particularly a lot of the small animal groups who often seem intent on causing more harm than good.

After a bit of web searching I found the bizarre allegations mentioned on the Scottish SPCA site and tracked through to here.

Thankfully a lot of you seem to be waking up to the reality of the situation.

I mean, what does this group think the Scottish SPCA is - some kind of armed animal commando unit that storms the walls and hijacks animals from people the LAW considers to be responsible enough to own an animal?

Clearly, reading the diatribe on this GSD site, the main problem this person (is it just someone with a vendetta and an internet connection?) has is with the law as it stood prior to the Animal Health and Welfare Act and as it stands now.

To take their grievance/vendetta out on another charity smacks as nothing short of envy and visciousness. Like I say, I'm staggered. They think the Scottish SPCA don't care about this dog. Why do they think the Scottish SPCA exists???

A few other points re their diatribe, for that's what it is:

Yes, independent vets exist. They mean it wasn't a Scottish SPCA vet.

Why stress that a 'lone female' inspector attended? Did they expect a platoon? Do they have a problem with female inspectors?

And how irresponsible to carry out of date photographs. Why should a body like the Scottish SPCA provide photographs A. to just anyone and B. of someone's property when the law states they've done nothing wrong.

Why was it "fortunate" the man might have been there when the vet attended? Do they think this guy could "magic" the dog into good health because he knew a vet was visiting???

It strikes me that this group need to turn their aim towards the legislation and leave a charity that does tremendous work alone.
GSDDaft
New Member!
Female 

18-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Must be an SSPCA employee!
What are they paying their chief executive these days - £60K? All the senior managers get nice new company vehicles.
More animals are helped in the UK by small voluntary rescues than the RSPCA and SSPCA put together - and most of these people are not paid a salary, get a company car or expenses. They don't stop answering their phones at 4pm or close at the weekend. They do it because simply because they care!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Well until I see photographs of how Kyle is doing today I'm not satisifed after all anything can be said in words.
Becky
p.s. I live in a 10 bed house with 5 acres :smt002
GSDDaft
New Member!
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:26 AM
'If the SSPCA are so concerned that the photographic evidence provided is so desperately out of date, where is their photographic evidence to support this contention and demonstrate how much improvement they have been able to secure? It would be unusual for a press officer not to take advantage of before and after images to further their cause.'
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by GSDDaft View Post
Must be an SSPCA employee!
!
Exactly what I thought, 3 of them now I think!!!!

I'm off to check out the situation as far as the law stands on this one, coz I really think I have heard that any animal left as a guard dog must be under the supervision of a handler AT ALL TIMES!!!!! This dog clearly isn't.

Just like Mahooli, I would very much like to see photographic evidence of the conditiions in which the dog is existing in now, after all the valuable help and concern of the SSPCA, or so we are led to believe?
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >