Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well mine drink out of a bucket outside but Rio the female submerges her whole head and blows bubbles while drinking and then slops it everywhere and soaks anyone within about 6 feet
Must be more popular than I first thought. These dogs have no manners!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Was thinking somat a bit heavier But I have heard that can work
yup works for food bolters huge stone in the middle of food so they need to eat round it (got to be big enough that they dont pick it up and swallow it,) could work with water, bet he just attempts to fish it out though,
holly goes snorkling quite a bit, more so now the weathers bad, started when she ate dinner and dropped a bit of food into the water, had to be fished out, also she can see shadows in the bowl at night, need to be fished out, (shes a little shiiduffiof) I also think with holly its boredom, she is not out as much due to weather and it entertains her with the bonus of bugging me, and its so funny when the humans go ass over head on the wet floor,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
what about one of those water thingys that will only allow him to lap it ....cant think what its called.
like an automatic dog water bowl? holds a tank at the top and only lets enough out to fill the shallow dish? I have been thinking of getting one as I have to fill the bowl in the house about 10 times each day. Or I could just get a trough, they would love that
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
We had a couple of Puppies that did this and after thinking about why they may have done it, it was a Stainless Steel Bowl and they were trying to get at the reflection
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 02:01 PM
My Cassie has always done this and it never worried me, I just thought she needed a good drink???!! I used to give her her own bucket of fresh water when I was mucking out the horse, but guaranteed, every time I'd carted the massive big bucket into the horse's freshly made up stable, she'd dive in there headfirst with a head full of shavings and watch me go and fill it up again!!!!! She still prefers a bucket of water now outside the back door, so she can dunk each front foot in there first before sinking her head in and gulping the water. When she goes off to bed at night, I always fill the big bowl of fresh water and take it in to her so she can have a good drink before she goes to sleep (yeah, I know!!!! My mum says the same!!!!! )and she "eats" the water then too rather than lapping it like Georgie does. I guess some dogs are just strange hey!!! I'd much rather she did this with fresh water every time, than have to worry about her not drinking enough. Surely they can't drink too much water, it's good for them????
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
like an automatic dog water bowl? holds a tank at the top and only lets enough out to fill the shallow dish? I have been thinking of getting one as I have to fill the bowl in the house about 10 times each day. Or I could just get a trough, they would love that
pets at home do these for about£10 we had one and i hated having to clean it out i now have one of these
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...roducts_id=246
it is fantastic and both dogs and my cat now drink a lot more and as there is a filter in it the water stays fresher
i now feel incredibly lucky that neither of mine eat their water
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5