Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fordy
New Member!
Male 

20-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Glad Shaan is a little better.

3 years ago Billy, our border collie, fell over when I took him out for a walk. I had to carry him home he had lost his motor function completely. He recovered a bit and I took him to the vet who thought it was arthritic.

He had drugs (can't remember what) and hydrotherapy (mentioned already) and also physio which I haven't seen posted. Can't remember the name of the woman who showed me what to do, I'll ask at the vets tomorrow, but it basically consisted of lots of long smooth strokes from the tail to the neck massaging the muscles on either side of his spine and extending and contracting each leg.

It helped a lot, not enough as he had neurological problems too (at 7x14=98 I won't be surprised if I don't too!), but it was a help.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Tia suffered too (she still has it but doesn't suffer anymore!)- she has glucosamine every day and also wears a Norstar magnetic collar.

http://www.norstarbiomagnetics.com/

Type 'collar' in the search box and see what you think - worth every penny in my opinion
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2006, 07:41 AM
I can think of no other advice other than what has already been given, just wanted to say sorry to hear about this

Ozzy has arthritis in his joints where the cruciate damage was done, he currently gets the glucosamine and the vet said he may have to have Metacam later on in life.

I've been told by other dog owners those collars are great too:smt002
Fordy
New Member!
Male 

21-12-2006, 08:35 AM
http://physio4pets.co.uk/

They're quite a way from Kent, they travel but not sure if that far. They may be able to recommend someone local to you.

Have you tried supplementing the diet with oily fish a few times a week? Sardines are cheap and you don't have to worry about bones. May help the joints and gives a lovely glossy coat
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2006, 12:44 AM
I dont know if you can get Sasha's Blend over there but that is great have known dogs going on it and getting a new lease of life
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5