View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I like it here, Dogsey is like a pair of cosy slippers - put them on and don't want to take them off cos they feel so nice!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post

we are considing a rescue now! so much to take in right now!!
See, now this is the beauty of what happens when people like yourself put in the time to research, to consider all options, to weigh up the pro`s and con`s of all sides, seeking information on potential health and behavioural issues, both from breeder source and from rescue source, looking at everything with care and thought while listening to the various opinions and resources available - if everyone did that, many rescues would be able to close or certainly scale down through lack of necessity !

While considering a rescue, [ nudge nudge wink wink ], no there won`t be pedigree papers passed on, but there is usually, [ from a good rescue at least ], a thorough temperament check, honesty, and back-up for the lifetime of the dogs they home, [ sadly far too rare from *some* breeders in reality ].
No breeder can 100% guarantee a pups temperament into adulthood anyway, as much as they might do their best to breed for sound, confident pups. Lifes experience, training, and environment generally, has far more input on that side of things and thats where a good rescue is invaluable in assessing the dogs in their care, especially those fostered whose normal daily behaviours are easier to more accurately gauge and work with prior to re-homing.
Plus of course, many dogs end up in rescue through divorce / bereavement etc, and are prefectly normal dogs with no more nor less foibles than any other dog, and just because a rescue does`nt pass on papers does`nt mean they were`nt sometimes handed in with a dog, and therefore a viable source for rescues to check up on the lines involved with regards to breed pertinent potential health issues.

Suffice to say, you are doing exactly what all dogs deserve from a potential home - research, research, research :smt023 :smt041
If that leads to you changing your mind on any factor, be it colour, gender, or even considering a different breed altogether, the better likelihood there is for a lifetime of joy for the lucky dog with such responsible forward thinking potential owners, whether a pup from a breeder, or a dog in a rescue, hoping for that special forever home :smt001 :smt001
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi Knottybabe,
I belong to the other forum and can assure you your thread on white shepherd, along with your other threads are still there if people wish to view.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 10:51 PM
hiya, ah yes i know they are there! BUTTTtt the one with all the major aruging........ has suddenly by magic dissapeared! lol well my names the same o nthere if anyone else sees it there know its me!

i have looked at Battersea, rspca, ncdl (is that right) and theres one near me in the next town, essex trust or something! i think were going to visit them in jan time!

i guess if we see the one riught for us we will have it!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:04 PM
This was the first forum I went on - the day my internet was connected - I have tried others but find Dogsey the most friendly and well moderated. It was also very easy for me to navigate being a complete beginner to the internet.

I joined a bred specific one (Dobes) and didn't like it at all so haven't been back. I'm just a Dogsey addict. The time of this post is an example - I should have been in my pit ages ago as I'm taking my friend to Manchester airport at 3.00 tomorow morning!!!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:10 PM
lol! im not sure what i was doing on the internet, but i found askyourneighbour.co.uk, and i asked how i would introduce my cat if i got a dog! and someone asid ooo try catsey.com! and from there i found dogsey!

i have joined other forums, maybe posted one question, but never been back, i like it here to! i should be in bed im so tired!!

lol and so should you driving to the airport!!!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by knottybabe View Post

lol and so should you driving to the airport!!!
Not till 3am, but I should be snoring my head off by now - not tired though.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
Not till 3am, but I should be snoring my head off by now - not tired though.
oh i hate that!! You know you have to be up early but your wide awake!!! ARGH
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
lol-strange,she did that to me also!

I havent been on any other doggie site so i dont have anything else to compare Dogsey to,but its alright here anyway!
I find most people on here Barking Mad
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
See, now this is the beauty of what happens when people like yourself put in the time to research, to consider all options, to weigh up the pro`s and con`s of all sides, seeking information on potential health and behavioural issues, both from breeder source and from rescue source, looking at everything with care and thought while listening to the various opinions and resources available - if everyone did that, many rescues would be able to close or certainly scale down through lack of necessity !

While considering a rescue, [ nudge nudge wink wink ], no there won`t be pedigree papers passed on, but there is usually, [ from a good rescue at least ], a thorough temperament check, honesty, and back-up for the lifetime of the dogs they home, [ sadly far too rare from *some* breeders in reality ].
No breeder can 100% guarantee a pups temperament into adulthood anyway, as much as they might do their best to breed for sound, confident pups. Lifes experience, training, and environment generally, has far more input on that side of things and thats where a good rescue is invaluable in assessing the dogs in their care, especially those fostered whose normal daily behaviours are easier to more accurately gauge and work with prior to re-homing.
Plus of course, many dogs end up in rescue through divorce / bereavement etc, and are prefectly normal dogs with no more nor less foibles than any other dog, and just because a rescue does`nt pass on papers does`nt mean they were`nt sometimes handed in with a dog, and therefore a viable source for rescues to check up on the lines involved with regards to breed pertinent potential health issues.

Suffice to say, you are doing exactly what all dogs deserve from a potential home - research, research, research :smt023 :smt041
If that leads to you changing your mind on any factor, be it colour, gender, or even considering a different breed altogether, the better likelihood there is for a lifetime of joy for the lucky dog with such responsible forward thinking potential owners, whether a pup from a breeder, or a dog in a rescue, hoping for that special forever home :smt001 :smt001
Well said Patch :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5