View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Aww I was so sad to read what happened , but delighted your little puppy is doing much better.

Huge positive thoughts being sent your way and I hope they all make a quick and full recovery soon xxx
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
That must be a great relief, I lost one at 6 weeks so I know how you must have been feeling
Everything crossed that she goes from strength to strength, positive vibes going her way and to you, look forward to seeing the pics eventually!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Thank you tink
Thank you Ozzysmom
and thank you Deccy

She is improving, but still a long way to go. Apparently she has stretched her brachial plexus nerve where the canual was inserted into her vein. My understanding of this is that there are 4 types of injury that you could sustain and with 2 of them (avulsion and rupture injuries there is no potential for recovery unless surgical reconnection is made in a timely manner). However, with neuropraxia injuries (i.e. stretched) many recover spontaneously with a 90-100% return of function. She is receiving hyrotherapy daily which should help.

I'm sure someone far more knowledgable than me would perhaps be kind enough to explain better. Meanwhile I just have to wait and keep everything crossed.

So thank you everyone for your continued support and good wishes. I will keep updating as I know more.

Kath XX
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:08 AM
So sorry to hear about your lovely puppy. As the others say, she is in the best place, I am sure when she is allowed home you can make up for her bad start. My best wishes are with you.
Love to your babe and youX
Anne
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:18 AM
You must be so worried about her

i hope things take a good turn soon
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Thank you Anne I know that she is in the best place really. I just feel so helpless not being able to do anything for her.

Thank you BrandieSnap I think she is on the mend but, just how far she will improve or over what period of time I don't know. Every day waiting for more news feels like a year!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
So sorry to read your puppy has been unwell, wishing a quick recovery and feeling for you!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Thank you Harveys Mum She is improving I understand. Just can't wait to get her home now, but, don't know just how long that will be.

Kath XX
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Best wishes to you and your puppy - I hope she is ok
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 08:28 AM
im so glad your baby is on the mend, best wishes xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >