View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 02:58 PM
glad the girls like it thats what bugs me,we pay shipping and then end up paying at our front door for the export,why can't you just buy something and pay for it all at once.i have had quite a few things sent from the states and never paid tax,i think that only happens when the people use fed-ex i keep saying i am going to book a cheap couple of nights in the states and fetch back all the stuff i want for the dogs and cat,i would be o.k as long as they don't open the suitcase:smt096
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 03:36 PM
It's Her Majesty's Customs and Excise that apply the tax, not the company you are buying from or the delivery company.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola
It's Her Majesty's Customs and Excise that apply the tax, not the company you are buying from or the delivery company.
yeah i know rip off britain again
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah i know that but what i mean is it would be easier to do it all at once
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Despite the fact I cancelled the one I ordered from Entirely Pets, they shipped it anyway . . (just have to put this one down to experience They'd already taken the money for it so I doubt I'd have ever got that back again) and it arrived yesterday.

There was nothing further to pay on it . . can't work out why? It worked out to about the same amount as the one from K9carts, didn't it??? Weird thing tho, the red 'Enclosed Documents' wallet on the outside of the packaging had been opened and emptied.
???

I set it up yesterday and Esau's happy to lay on it - the first EVER bed he's ever lain on without getting off the moment my back was turned. He's still a bit suspicious of it and slept on the tiles again last night, but it's definitely winning his slow approval.

I didn't bother with a cover for this one; I don't think the plastic bothers him that much, and it makes it easier to keep clean, but if he still isn't sleeping on it in the next week or two, I'll try covering it with an old bed sheet and see if that makes a difference.

Still waiting for the Canine Cooler II from the Ebay shop, Debnroo.com. It'll be interesting to see the difference between the two beds; I shall report back when the latter arrives (and if I get caught on Import tax or not! )
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 09:47 AM
You still might be billed at a later date by the delivery company. That has happened to me in the past.

I'd be interested to hear about the Canine Cooler II when you get it as that might be a future purchase
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2006, 09:54 AM
You still might be billed at a later date by the delivery company. That has happened to me in the past.

I'd be interested to hear about the Canine Cooler II when you get it as that might be a future purchase

Ah, that may be why they took the documents from the front of the package, in that case - Customs have them. I'll let you know if a bill arrives!

I'll definitely let you know about Canine Cooler II.
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Cooler bed II arrived yesterday, I set it up this mornng.
(nothing to pay at the door again! )

At first glance, it appears identical to the Canine Cooler, apart from the cover which is beige with paw-prints on one side.

However, this cover is slightly more flexible than the other bed, and the bed took considerably more water (it took 36 pints to fill the Canine Cooler to it's 'transportable' range, I could have added another 8 pints . . the Cooler II took 58 pints!!).

Filling it was not quite so arduous as the instructions say a little air in the bed doesn't affect the bed's cooling capabilities - I used a big quilter's ruler to 'wipe' the air out of the bed. The end result is slightly squishy/sloshy in comparison with the Canine Cooler, and very comfortable. I can't say that the Canine Cooler wouldn't feel that good with that amount of water in, tho.

I can't add more water to the other bed atm, as Esau has chewed the corner, making a small hole. OH is going to repair this using a bicycle puncture-repair kit, so once he's done this I can try adding more water to it and see what happens.

Which does Esau prefer? Well - this one, so far! He was on it the moment it was set out for him, but that may be because I'd only just filled it so the water was cold from the tap. However, after 10 mins, he was back lying on the tiles again . . He's now lying right NEXT to the bed, on the tiles . .

If he doesn't take to this one, I'm out of ideas. I have tried coaxing him, rewarding him, ignoring him, moving him every time he lays on the tiles, even securing him in a crate with a fixed mattress (for the first time ever in the crate, he howled and scratched dementedly at the mattress until it was removed).

To sum up ..
I'd go for the Cooler II if I had the preference, it 'feels' nicer (less rigid). Debnroo.com (via Ebay) had a good price and shipped to the UK without fuss, it took about 12 days to arrive and there was nothing more to pay on the door.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 11:34 AM
This looks like a good one posted by Jodee and so much cheaper than all the others
http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acata...Car_Vents.html
Sorry, I can't do it, if you go into the thread for keeping your doglets cool which I put up, it's in there!!
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Good ideas on that site, Helena. HUB are great, I've bought from them before.

I like the body-wraps, good for short-haired dogs, but not sure how they'd work on a coated breed, unless they'd been clipped off.

Esau's just punctured the NEW bed!!
He'd definitely NOT in my good books now . . he's only had the new bed a few hours! He's punctured it in exactly the same place, by the filler-cap.

Oh well. My poor hubby will be busy with his puncture repair kit when he gets home, then!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >