09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
I have a rottie bitch with a tail I think they look better with
Here is a picture of Dizzy with silly Tetley the lab
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 09:06 PM
I agree she looks amazing!

I know that one argument for docking is that hardley any dogs would have the correct tail, but at the end of the day, whats more importent, a dog that has the 'correct tail' or a healthy dog of sound temperment??
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I agree with you there,we rescued dizzy and if she was docked i would still have had her...she's my babe :smt007
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2004, 09:28 PM
it another one of those difference in opinion things. i think as long as it is done properly at the correct age then i am not totally against it. I cant imagine a boxer with a tail or a rottie i have seen pics but not in real life. I just got a puppy that was happy and healthy and well reared if he was a breed with a docked tail and it had been done properly then i would not of had a problem. Max's tail never stops and i am sure he will injure it one day but i am glad he has it
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-10-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
I breed my cocker spaniels, they have all the relevant health checks, KC/BVA eye test certificates to prove it..............but I certainly won't dock

I wish I knew that when I was looking never mind I know where to come when hubby agree's to cocker no.3
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2004, 01:19 PM
LOL me too, i was searching for a undocked cocker a couple of years ago, but gave up, after noone would help me find a breeder
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Gems

I know that one argument for docking is that hardley any dogs would have the correct tail, but at the end of the day, whats more importent, a dog that has the 'correct tail' or a healthy dog of sound temperment??
Totally agree with you there Gem, that was what I was trying to say in my posts. And you put it so beautifully.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2004, 05:25 PM
Well you all know where I am you can always contact me when you're ready for the next.....lol. - I don't have litters that often, but you might be lucky

I was only ever going to have one, but now I've got 5 and if my girl produces a lovely black and white, I could end up with 6...........but dont tell my OH, I haven't told him yet........
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5