View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2006, 04:43 PM
If I'm out in a public area then I always pick up after my boy. However we mainly walk on a private estate where they have a big sign asking walkers NOT to pick up the mess and only move it to the side if the dog does it on a path.

I HATE picking up hot poo so I trained my old dobermann to poo into the bag, (you can tell with a dobes bum when he's getting ready to go and as he crouched I would open the nappy bag behind him, holding it if it was windy ) he got it 100% right every time and then all I had to do was tie the handles up and carry it to the bin
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 04:45 PM
That's a great idea I hate the feel and smell of warm poo too.. I just hold my breath and do it as quick as humanly possible!!
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 04:55 PM
im a picker upper, and have had it out with a few dog walkers on the beach(redcar) and aways get the same excuse "well the sea will clean it" idiots i use sented nappy bags. were i live the paths are covered drives me daft
gina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2006, 05:13 PM
I live in Swindon and kids just take it out of the dogbins and throw it around. I don't have a dog at present but if I did I'd have to say what is the point of picking it up when parents just let their kids throw it around.

Just for the record I am an owner who always picked up with my previous dogs and when I get my new dog I will continue to do so however you cant help wandering............................
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I pick up Brandie's poo too. I don't think it's that big a deal, it's not like you have to scoop it up with your bare hands or something. Maybe I just have a strong stomach But it makes me feel more sick to think of children playing amongst it

I'm quite lucky that I live near a park and dog walking paths because there are loads of bins. But I can understand that people would not want to walk for 1/2 an hour round streets carrying it. More bins should be put up so that there is no excuse
Lots of people round here do pick up after their dogs, but unfortunately no one responds by emptying the bins. So they get full and the bags pile up underneath. Yuck
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 07:20 PM
i pick up after ben,the only time i dont is if we are in the woods and he decides to dive into the middle of a bsh to part company with his deposits, i have a rule if i can get to it ill clear it up,
i get really cross with ppl who dont clear up after their dogs,but round here u dont have a go at anyone,as most of the irriponsable owners are shaven headed big fellas who carry knives
i had this old lady really have a go at me one day about ben he was doing one by the kerb, and i waited till she stopped ranting at me,then produced a carrier bag shook it at her cleared up and walked off,she just stood there open mouthed but i was sooo good i didnt reply to her (although i really want ed to )
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Snap Kerrie, Redcar Beach can be a nightmare. Most of the 'regulars' we see on our travels clean up like we do but then there's the odd few

Glad to see we're all like minded and responsible (knew we would be)
Jane L
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2006, 09:18 PM
I always pick up. Whenever i take anything out of my pocket handfuls of pink nappysacks fly out! It's a standing joke at work. There aren't nearly enough bins where we live though. In the local park, a popular place to walk dogs is round the lake, the circuit if two miles and there's one bin at the far end!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi
That's a great idea I hate the feel and smell of warm poo too.. I just hold my breath and do it as quick as humanly possible!!
Ooooh, warm/hot poo in the winter - yum - keeps yer 'ands warm guv'nor
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2006, 10:00 PM
I always pick up in the village and any open public areas, parks playing fields etc, but..........once I get out of the village I must admit I don't bother. a - cos it ain't illegal and b, cos no one ever goes out of the village with a dog these days! Or without one for that matter! Pickles generally does his underneath a bin (well trained!) and Woody has to walk at least 1/2 a mile before he'll do it, by which point we're in the middle of a field or a country lane.

Must admit in the village we're quite good here not much of a problem really, most people are sensible and clean up in public areas. There are a couple however that open their front doors on an evening and let their dogs crap on the village green while they sit on their fat butts watching TV!

Anyone know where I can get one of those dog poo leaflets from so I can pop one through their doors!

Agree about the warm poo thing too, nice little hand warmer! Ever left it in your pocket by mistake though and put your coat on the next day to go out? Not nice!!!!!
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »