Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Anything hairless, toy breeds, anything that dribbles a lot or molts
Oooo a wheaten sounds good then mini, you know how you would like one and they i could 'borrow' amy lol

The only sort of breed that I would have because to me i just don’t find them attractive, are bull breeds they are just not my type of dog. There are a few breeds that I wouldn’t have but not because I don’t like them but because they are dribbly or stupid reasons like that. To me a wheaten is perfect, they don’t moult that don’t dribble they are a perfect size they don’t smell they have nice soft coats and they have one of the best temperaments you could ever come across. There are LOADS of breeds that i would like but i would never ever be without a wheaten.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Rather than breed, there are characteristics that wouldn't be for me, like most of the posts so far...

I'm another one who wouldn't want anything smaller than 'medium'.

Anything with exaggerated features, i.e. short face. (If you see what I mean.)

Goes without saying, gotta be good natured with people and other dogs.

I reckon that narrows my preferences down to a group of breeds that includes Labbies....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Hmmm there are so many breeds I do like, this is going to be a bit tricky!

I think anything that is over exagerated to the point where I feel it would be making the dogs quality of life less than what it could be? Does that make sense? Like a Bulldog, I'd worry constantly incase it couldn't breath. Or a Dacshund, I'd worry incase it couldn't run as fast as it'd like! Or a Shar Pei cos of all the wrinkles, just don't think that can be all that healthy? So really it's characteristics rather than breeds that I don't like too.

Anything that dribbles excessively puts me off, but I'd still like to have a boxer one day.

Anything really really small and yappy, not keen on those characteristics either. Don't think I could really go any smaller than a Border terrier TBH.

Hope I didn't offend anyone!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:06 PM
first off shock seen bull breeds and staffys not mention
missing out but then again not many are cut out to own such a beautiful breed

collie as they better suited working ( i used to work collies and had a lot of exp with them)
Yorkshire terrier, most i have met try and bite me or my dogs, been bitten twice by ones i just dont like them
Rough collie, not for me at all
british bulldogs (even thou i love them) but the health problems are MAJOR
westies are not my cup of tea

but the main one is a yorkie! just really had far to many bad exp with these far more dangerous than any bull breed
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Any small dogs really, but I do like a few breeds. I wouldnt own a Bull breed there just not my type of dog, so pretty much just Labradors for me But I like nearly all the dogs in the gundog group.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I could easily say 'toy breeds' but, I'm sure that I could be persuaded if the right dog was in the form of a toy breed. (Although I'm SURE of Yorkshire Terriers...) and I'd not have a GSD (unless under very odd circumstances) only because I just don't go for the type of dog, my aunt's always had GSDs and Sally (who we looked after recently) is a lovely dog but I just don't go for them...

Things I wouldn't go for would be dribblers, or yappy dogs... I'd want a motivated dog, but doesn't have to be as mad and energetic as a dalmatian! As long as it could have some get up and go at some point!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
collie as they better suited working ( i used to work collies and had a lot of exp with them)
What work Hayley? I agree that collies are probably the ultimate working dog - however there are plenty of sports and activities these days to keep these high energy dogs happy in the right pet home. I do herding with mine and will be starting agility as soon as he is old enough.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:26 PM
im a trained agility trainer and to be honest i didnt really enjoy it so i wouldnt do it

so collies are best suited for working and i wont work one, no matter the sport which there are loads, but i dont enjoy them! as u know collies are best suited working

nice dogs thou
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
first off shock seen bull breeds and staffys not mention
missing out but then again not many are cut out to own such a beautiful breed
Thats a bit of a strange statement!
Why are you shocked at seeing bullies and staffies mentioned?

Nealry all breeds have been mentioned at some point on here, and i'm not shocked to see any breed mentioned, as everyone likes dogs for their own reasons!
Some people don't like bull breeds at all, fair enough! I don't like spaniels! lol
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Thats a bit of a strange statement!
Why are you shocked at seeing bullies and staffies mentioned?

Nealry all breeds have been mentioned at some point on here, and i'm not shocked to see any breed mentioned, as everyone likes dogs for their own reasons!
Some people don't like bull breeds at all, fair enough! I don't like spaniels! lol
:smt089 Just kidding!
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »