View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 08:13 PM
i think she is like that most go to boxer owners and know the breed.
but i agree 100% i think thats why i want things to work i will be gutted if it doesn't.
jack left the breeder @ 7 months, 1st owner had him 2 weeks, daughter had him 9 months passed on to mum for 10 months now looking again.
the dog hasn't even been under the same roof or people for 1 year.

now you can see why he has no training no one put the time in to do it.
thats why more than any thing he needs to bond with some one and i honestly believe he would work his heart out to please.
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 08:21 PM
so glad that things seem to be working out for you ,and am delighted that the breeder in this case is interested ,this year alone we have rehomed nearly 60 boxers and can say that NO breeder of any have wanted to know when they have been contacted by us or the people that want to give the dog up nice to know that they are not all like this
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 08:27 PM
it is but i am glad that she can understand we also want the best for jack as well,
talking like she knows me i have never met her..guess tracey has told her about me.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Can I just ask why the KC name ect is so important to a pet home? ie "rescue" an animal
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 08:37 PM
it isn't just that i put it on because he is registered plus with the info caz has found out for me that his parents have been heart checked as it isn't on the paperwork.
the fact he is registered makes no difference as he needs to be castrated for medical reasons.
as long as the dogs get on he will be ours, he needs a home and if the plan works he will have a home with us.
if not at least we have the name and info plus i have contact his breeder and help find him a forever home.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Im sorry, you just confused me. Anyone that takes a dog from welfare/rescue isnt privvy to thoes details, They take the dog on for the dog. If they have another the main factor is they get along, same being if they have children as long as they are compatable. Colour, KC (which we dont pass on) ect isnt an issue
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 09:00 PM
he isn't in a rescue but he needs to be re homed/rescued from the situtation he is in at the moment.
i know the main thing is the dogs getting on which is why we have a plan set up for toby and jack with them being entire males around the same age.
to be honest if would have been easier if he had already been castrated to introduce him in the pack but none of the previous owners he has had got him done.
he lives on the same estate as me and i found out about him from others "word of mouth"
i suppose to you he isn't a rescue even though he has had 3 owners in 2 years.
jack will be going from a house with only adults, no other pets, no kids to us which he will need time to get to know us all to be comfortable with us /kids/dogs before we change his home as well.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 09:12 PM
ok I understand that, but why do you seem to have such an issue with his colour, KC and pre fix name, heart score ect?
My main conserns would be whether he got on with my dog or dogs, children and myself. Not the things you have brought up. Clearly he needs a new home, whether it's by "word of mouth", rescue or welfare or what ever name you want to dress it up as.
When we have people coming to us, If the dog had two heads and one leg it wouldnt matter as long as they fitted into there life style.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by jacquie
ok I understand that, but why do you seem to have such an issue with his colour, KC and pre fix name, heart score ect?
My main conserns would be whether he got on with my dog or dogs, children and myself. Not the things you have brought up. Clearly he needs a new home, whether it's by "word of mouth", rescue or welfare or what ever name you want to dress it up as.
When we have people coming to us, If the dog had two heads and one leg it wouldnt matter as long as they fitted into there life style.

colour......just wondered what he was classed as because if you read my posts mine was reds and i didn't know that there was as many shades of brindle as there is. to me brindle was the darker shade.

kc didn't matter and still doesn't we was prepared to try jack with ours before we knew any info on him, we have found out built the picture up as we got it.

heart score was a concern because of my old girl having heart problems so it was nice to know there is less chance with jack because his parents had been tested. just a bit of peace of mind nothing more.

thats all we are trying to do for jack to get him out of the situation he is in and part of our family/life style.
you have to think this dogs life at the moment is completely different to ours and we are trying to get him over with 1 step at a time, i don't want to rush in at the end of the day the dogs are number 1 they have to be happy together him with them and them with him.
we was told he was about 10 months at the begining but he is 2 years old so the plan has to change to take that into account.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't think the things that you mentioned Jacquie are an "issue" for Leo - just of interest.

But, it is useful to be able to describe a colour accurately should the dog be lost, and colour is required on microchip registration forms and veterinary records. Knowing the dog's breeding is a bonus in that Leo now knows that he is well bred and unlikely to have major temperament issues and that he comes from healthy, tested stock so the chance of major problems such as heart disease and cancer are lessened
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >