View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 04:16 PM
According to an equivalent measure table 1/2 cup is 4ozs, or 8 tablespoons, if that helps June.

Tea sounds lovely Lynn. Have just picked our 2nd strawberry of the season doing well aren't we!

Do hope your are wrong Griff but lots of hugs to you. Just play it cool.

Now OH has finished that project I wait in ear of anything else he might suggest

Thinking of you for tomorrow Moyra and hope all goes ahead as planned
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Oh so do I Sue, daren't think of it not going ahead. Third time lucky and fingers crossed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Will be thinking of you tomorrow Moyra, big hugs
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Thanks everyone, going to have an early night as I shall have to be up early in the morning. Cheers everyone, Griff, don't fret over him, keep your cool and give him a chance to explain himself. Catch up with you all tomorrow.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Moyra will be thinking of you and everything crossed it goes ahead.

Update on Mark been messaging all day and he has phoned earlier. Joel can get to school from his step nan's but he cannot get in the house to get his uniform so Mark has informed the school and told Joel to go to school they know the problem and he will sort him some new uniform at the weekend let's hope he doesn't outgrow it in the 6 weeks.
Mark has the opportunity to work for a friend who has set up a new company from home. Media sales new to Mark but he can do anything he puts his mind too. So he is thinking of giving up his part time job which he doesn't on contract earn enough from to rent even though he does many more hours than his contract. His wage slips do not quite add up to the amount he would need to rent a studio flat at 450-550 a month although he could afford it the affordability stuff now will not recognise it.
So he is thinking of coming here for the 6 weeks with Joel him putting his head down and trying to make this job work his friend has offered him then he would be earning enough to rent back in Harlow.
His shifts are so all over the place he doesn't get the time to even have a good stab at it.
He is thinking what has he to lose a part time job which is frustrating him no home of his own and that is getting to him now too. If it seems it won't work in the 6 weeks he will look for full time jobs in Harlow while living here.
We can work the Joel thing work at weekends if Mark is still here for a while in September.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 05:45 PM
He has explained....we are all good, it is sad that I have been so messed up really
Moyra, I hope to get on tomorrow before I leave but if I don't, huge massive great hugs, tonnes of good luck wishes and we will all be relieved when it is behind you
Lynn, sounds a good plan to me...if the job is holding him back...sack it off!!! He needs to think of him and Joel and if the new job is going to get them somewhere of their own....give it a whirl
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I obviously said to him griff I can't advise him which path to take I do not want to be responsible if it goes wrong but if he feels he has nothing to lose we will of course support him all the way in any way we can ie: giving him a roof over his head till he can sort his life out which is in his and Joel's best interests. Lauren will miss him but I have said she is welcome to come and stay whenever she is free.
She is encouraging him to do it.
So glad things are sorted griff you can't help being the way you are circumstances have made you that way. In time I hope and feel you will learn to trust again. You just need a decent man to show you that and hopefully Steve is the man for the job.
Made some golden paste took 5 mins Dillon keeps worrying round his back it's not fleas his skin is lovely and white under his coat and no flea dirts to be seen brush him well every other day so feel he has an allergy problem pollen of some kind so will try the golden paste and fingers crossed that stops the itching before he makes a hot spot.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Have you tried Bob Grass ointment Lynn. Kesh got some sort of trench foot between her toes (they are webbed) when we were having those floods, goodness knows what was being washed up, anyhow I tried everything, vets put her on painkillers, antiseptic wipes for her feet etc. Then someone at training recommended Bob Grass ointment and it was gone within a couple of days. She uses it for hot spots on her dogs, it smells like Stockholm Tar that we used to use on horses feet.
Oh I think that is the way to go Lynn, was hoping he would be able to stay with you over summer but one doesn't like to interfere (hah) Why can't he access the house for his uniform or someone bring it over, its a bit strange if you ask me.
Griff, glad you're OK again, I would never trust anyone over my doorstep again, and when that failed as well, I don't trust anyone full stop
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 06:32 PM
That's my problem TW....I can't trust anyone, Lynn, you are right...I do need someone to restore my faith....he is really so good and patient, we have only been together a couple of weeks and he doesn't owe me anything at all and I would completely get it if he told me to p*as off...I honestly would have done, not him, he called me back like he said he would and told me where he was and who with....I just need to get a grip really, I will end up losing him
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Ooooo we had Bob grass...grey sulphur smelling stuff but fantastic!!!!! Made my Laney's hair grow back
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >