Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
just annoyed that something as silly as standing up can put your back out..
Tell me about it, 15 years ago I bent down to pickup a bit of paper of the ground and my back went. At that time the Doc. said there was no cure apart from lying down and not moving for 48 hours (He ommitted to mention how one was supposed to go to the loo )

But recently mentioned it to my new Doc, and she said the current thinking is NOT to do that but to keep on moving and doing what you normally do.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
eventually got to sleep. Noise just as bad.
Feel for you Brenda, there's little can be done but it must make you feel stressed out at times. Glad you did get some sleep eventually.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Lol, none of us went near a professional medic if we could help it, we used to "fix" each other and everyone had their special area, mine was blood blisters and black nails lol
I am still moving about Harvey....with my 2 a sit down and left in peace is a no go....mum keeps threatening the hospital...gulp
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Hello there I'm back
I was ok once I got to work, always am I'm off tomorrow so that's good. I'm shattered though. So I'm going to bed earlier tonight.
Glad Sara is enjoying her job Brenda, hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.
NJ glad you enjoyed your lunch out, it sounded nice.
Hoping we have better weather tomorrow, got quite a bit of washing to do.
Looking forward to the weekend as Liam & Sarah are hoping to visit.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Wonder if LG will show this evening, I'm sure he knows those moors like the back of his hand so can't have got lost

Got caught in the rain this afternoon but Casey and Rianna seemed to love it. Have any of you noticed how dogs seem to get more alert in wet weather. I think it might be because the smells are stronger. Casey took off into an adjacent field on the way home, he doesn't normally go in there. It's falllow at the moment but I still had to trudge over some mud and ruts to grab him and decided to put him on the lead. There was no one around and miles from any road but even with his bad leg he could move if he wanted and anyway the vet said not to do too long a walk at present.

So that's me done for tonight, have something I'd like to read (In bed) that's a bit of luxory for me as I don't normally read in bed these days, well I try but often fall asleep

Good night all, best wishes.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Once you've actually got going its not too bad, its that first few movements that require deep breaths and determination
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Good that Casey felt like a bit of a rampage but wise to limit it. Hope you don't fall asleep mid read Harvey
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Hi Mandy, how lovely to have Liam and Sarah come up. Very glad to hear that you were OK once you got to work
TW...I am now lying down and it is murder!!!! Turning over is a major problem...think I may pop a pillow under my back, the worst trying today was trying to get off the sofa. Mum has sprayed my back with ralgex I have pills and a drink, mum is taking dex to the vet for me as I can't lift him
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Casey must be feeling a lot better in himself to do that Harvey, so looks like he's on the right road at last.
Enjoy the book and your eventual sleep
Have a nice lie in and day off tomorrow Mandy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Put a hot water bottle under the pillow, Griff,it will soothe your back.
Wonder if LG got lost on t'moors
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >