register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Yeah so they must have looked SO hard for them then. Mine got pinched years ago, hence my frequent tip trips as not going to pay £40 for a new one when its not my fault.
Checked girls and now Cariad and Zen are out, Cariad really worked up about it as well. Soooo changed my shoes,went out, and Kesh is laid across the doorway so no one can get in, opened the bottom door and Cariad and Zen jumped straight in to the big unoccupied patch right under the heat lamp, Mabs then came to the door of her suite to see what the heck was going on disturbing her beauty sleep
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 09:24 PM
i think it had been taken into someones garden TW, and i suspect it was the family at the end of the block...they never put their bin out always forget and come dashing out after the bin men who promptly drive off Lol
Awww poor cariad and Zenith lol@ Mabs having the place all to herself
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 09:26 PM
Thats why I keep a check on them, because if one goes out for a wee, the one nearest the doorway sometimes won't let them back in!!!! They are horrid to each other aren't they, but fancy Kesh locking her own mother out in the cold hey,bad or what
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 09:27 PM
lol, little b*ggers
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
As you do.
That made me laugh, "As everyone does" let us hope and pray that Dillon doesn't need anything horendously expensive even if he is now covered.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2016, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Thats why I keep a check on them, because if one goes out for a wee, the one nearest the doorway sometimes won't let them back in!!!! They are horrid to each other aren't they, but fancy Kesh locking her own mother out in the cold hey,bad or what
Now we must not look on them as humans Mum would get in if she really wanted to. But my theory is that dogs don't do status, OK they do have a hierachy but having the warmest bed isn't particularly important to a dog.

And Mum might have been too hot, ours get overheated if they are indoors too long and they turn down a blanket and such to go outside and lie on cold patio slabs.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Oooh Harvey, she was really upset, and wanted me to come out and sort it out for her. Normally I say go on in, and they do, but neither of them would go in, and Cariad can really put over what she wants and it was for me to sort it. Kesh stayed exactly where she was, the minute I opened the bottom half of the stable door, Cariad and Zen were in there. The very fact that Kesh didn't budge shows that she knew I knew she was up to no good.
They do do status, they have the order they wish to be fed in, the order they all go in the car in, even the order they come with me if I take everyone into the car onto the river, I open the door and they come out in a specific order, specific ones stay with me, another one goes ahead,and then another one follows them in front of me. At the moment there is a change in the structure, I think it is because Cariad who is normally in charge is losing her status and her daughter (Kesh) is taking over, interestingly Cariad is not challenging this,she is letting it happen and when things go against her, then she comes to me to sort it out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
they never put their bin out always forget and come dashing out after the bin men who promptly drive off Lol
Reminds me of Lonnie Donegan he had a smash hit with 'My old mans a dustman'

One of the verses was:-

They missed one old dear, she chased after them and cried out "You've missed me, am I too late now"
He said "No, jump up on the back"

Great artist, was working right up to the day he died.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Lol, very good Losos
Am in bed with my new little throw wrapped round me....bargain for five quid
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-01-2016, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They do do status, they have the order they wish to be fed in, the order they all go in the car in, even the order they come with me if I take everyone into the car onto the river, I open the door and they come out in a specific order, specific ones stay with me, another one goes ahead,and then another one follows them in front of me. At the moment there is a change in the structure, I think it is because Cariad who is normally in charge is losing her status and her daughter (Kesh) is taking over, interestingly Cariad is not challenging this,she is letting it happen and when things go against her, then she comes to me to sort it out.
Yes, they will do that, that isn't what I meant by 'status' I was thinking more of physical things like some humans crave an exotic car or 'designer' clothing. Cariad will pass on her leadership role to a younger dog, that's the natural order, but I'm willing to bet that if you put a very expensive wooden bowl embossed with diamonds down alongside a cheap aluminium one they wouldn't care which one the food was in.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >