View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2013, 06:16 PM
So sorry to hear your both having such a tough time of it. Hugs and licks from all of us here. Xxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2013, 09:54 PM
D*mn & blast it-bl**dy condition. I wish I could send you a cure Malka, can't just mega mega cyber {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2013, 06:43 AM
After a nightmare of a day yesterday which started with Pereg having the second seizure at ~3.15am she did not finally settle until nearly 11pm, so as soon as she had her Pb it was straight to bed.

And an hour after I finally got to bed she woke me by having another full-blown Grand Mal. This time she was in the middle of the bed so no crashing falls but her bladder had let go with a vengeance, soaking everything. Then when she had come out of the seizure and started wandering about I went to let her out as she had not lost bowel control and she got to the salon before I did and poo'd on the carpet just as I was going to open the door. It is possible she thought she was already outside as she really was not aware of what she was doing or where she was. Such a massive poo when normally she does such tiny ones.

I nearly fell face first into it as getting down to pick things up is not easy at the best of times, the more so as I had only had an hour's sleep. Stripped everything off the bed and just chucked in in the shower corner of my ensuite - have yet to make up the bed as I just put a sheet and an empty duvet cover down - gave Pereg more Valium and could not stay awake to watch her even though I should have done, so went to bed and she came back into the bedroom and got on the bed and I think I got maybe four or five hours sleep before the alarm went for her 7am Pb.

Could not try to have more sleep as my water delivery was due so slung the bed things in the machine and had just switched it on when it turned up.

So that is three bad seizures - ~2pm on Sunday, ~3.15am yesterday morning, then half past midnight. She is due for her next blood work-up in two weeks' time but I think I will bring it forward. Just got to see how she is today and pray that the Monster stays away.

We need all the vibes and prayers going please, as she has not been this bad since the last terrible cluster two years ago.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Dreadful situation. Thinking of you and hoping for any improvement. Lots of hugs and positive vibes.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Sending you lots of healing vibes and prayers Malka.. xxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 09:07 AM
How awful for both of you. I think you are right and it's a good idea to try to get an idea of what might be going on with the bloods, and you are more than on the ball Malka. I pray she has no more and gets over this lot quickly.

Hugs to both of you. xxx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2013, 10:10 AM
OMG nothing I can say or do can help so even more bigger & better cyber {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Hope things improve today Malka and she comes round and has no more seizures. Coupled with all whats going on around you its no wonder you are feeling so down.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Depending on her blood test results, if her liver function levels are good, and if her Pb level is still holding reasonably well, I will discuss with Ram whether to increase her 11pm Pb from the current 65mg to 100mg. So far she has tolerated it with no side effects such as ataxia, and her levels have been fine, and neither of us want to add another AED so it all depends on the results of the bloods.

And, of course, whether she has another GM in the next few days.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Aw Malka I am so sorry to hear about Pereg's fits again and my heart goes out to you. It is awful and a curse on our dogs!

Hope that things are quieter for you both today. Wish I could help you but I am thinking of you.

Would the vet increase the dosage of PB, or prescribe Potassium Bromide as well? My Loki is on 2 x 60 gms of Phenobarb and a 10 mg of Potassium Bromide, mornings and evenings. The vet did reduce the Pheno a few months ago to 100 mg but she took fits and more of them, so I switched her back onto the 2 x 60 gms of Pheno!

My thoughts with you and Pereg and I hope you get a wee rest at some point today, although that is easier said than done.

Hugs to you and Pereg from me and Loki xx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >