register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Congratulations Lynn!!! You are in the most wonderful position to buy now that everything has gone through, apart from the survey. When was one last done and did it go through OK then
Sorry GB, didn't realise she was the Bengal one, oh well best of luck. Pity you aren't nearer you could have had some bones from me, got a load in the kitchen waiting for me to sort them out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 03:18 PM
The last survey was done while we were living here when we went onto a repayment mortgage. Maybe around 8 to 10 years ago and not for the amount Tom and Lisa will be borrowing.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I was asking to see if there was anything that had come up on that survey either advisory or something that needed doing that is done now. Because it isn't that long ago then is it. I would worry about another survey on my house because the last one was 30 years ago, but 8 years is nothing really.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Lynn - I am so happy for you - now you just have to get the perfect house in the perfect area at the perfect price! xx

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Easier said than done Malka.

I was speaking to Fred's friend today my Uncle's who died a couple of weeks ago friend and said ideally sell this house pay off the mortgage and stay within Essex.
But it ain't gonna happen I know that.

I am getting totally downhearted about it all to be honest and really wish it didn't have to happen not at the moment anyway.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Torrential rain here now, but Keshi leaping up and down at the half door because she is seeing me putting bones in the freezers, she loves to be wet I think
Oh well the garden needed it, still very very warm, I've got a vest t shirt on, cotton shorts and bare feet and still feel like I'm abroad.
Lynn, what about the house you saw that you really liked, have you gone any further on that one
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Lynn - aw, how nice that you enjoyed the leavers' assembly - what a shame his mum wasn't there.

I just watched our year 6 children going off in stretch limos and felt tearful. I don't really know many of them but to think of them going off to senior school in a few weeks after all these years in their lovely primary school made me feel emotional for them.

Michael was blown away by the limos and he recognised they were Hummers. I had no idea until I saw the name written. He asked me to put Koenigseggs on You Tube this morning and I didn't even know what a Koenigsegg is! He's only two but a car anorak already.

Nippy - I hope Pepsi feels better soon.

Eileen - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2013, 03:58 PM
LYNN,don't get downhearted,everything will work out you'll see
MIL really looks poorly, has had a scan on her tummy,will get results later on this evening, isn't allowed to eat or drink obviously on a drip,so here's hopeing its nothing more than a bug of some kind.Couldn't stay longer, they kick you out at 4 on the dot but her hubby can stay and keep us updated. Bless her she's a lovely lady
Going to have a coffee and read through xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Some of the mums shed a tear Linda.
As for his mum well its something she will never get back but I don't think she is really that bothered.
Very hot here still.

We will do a second viewing June buthI am questioning the stairs for when we get older and the landing well there is noting of it and if you missed your footing you would be straight down the stairs. We have to consider we are now getting older not younger unfortunately. Plus the door straight onto the road is worrying with Dillon we would have a stable door put on and as soon as possible. So just those two negatives to work on.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Fingers crossed Eileen it is nothing serious.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >