View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Some lovely places in Lincs Harvey but the drive back to Essex to visit friends and family is just a bit too far for me.
I am prepared to do 2 hours or just over if the house and garden blow me away but would prefer an hour and 30 mins.

What sort of thing are you looking for and rough price. ? PM me if you like and you never know we may of seen them or put them on our maybe list.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Harvey will you be leaving Baruska behind if you come back here, because I know you were burying her on your place. I think you are better off staying where you are to be honest, I'm sure your money goes further than it will over here, everything is just going up in price so quickly it is hard to keep pace. I reckon I need a 50% increase in my income to get to where I was a year ago, and that isn't going to happen obviously, so just give it a lot of thought before making that massive step.
June, thanks for those wise words, yes it will be a big step and OH wouldn't contemplate it prior to Baruska's death. (Yes she will rest in the grave I've made and I will post a photo as soon as I've had the memorial plaque made and installed)

Unfortunately we have inflation here too, but on top of that we are facing a pound that is declining and that can be far more serious than inflation. Plus the health care for the really elderly is not good, this is a country where grandparents often live with familly who then take responsibility for their care and well being, for reasons I won't go into that won't happen with us so looks like the move will have to happen.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Harvey, if you had said to me a couple of decades ago that you had been there for ten years and it was a record for you, I would never imagined that I would have lasted that long here, and yet here I still am, albeit not in the same house, after a fraction under twenty-eight years now.

I do not know whether to be amazed, shocked, or what! Not at you, I hasten to add, but at me.

Sometimes - not often though these days, I wake up and for a split second do not know where I am. And then when I realise where I actually am I breathe a sigh of relief, because despite all the problems and the nasties and the boom booms and the horrors - I have never wanted to go back - have never wanted to be anywhere but where I am right now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:20 PM

Any word there? All on nanny naps???
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Finally arrived after watching Top Gear as is my norm on Sundays

Great to see both Tang and Harvey today, and a picture or two of the gorgeous little Bella who no doubt will be running the kennels staff ragged by now making them cater to her every little whim Enjoy the wedding Tang, and we need all the gossip when you get back.

Harvey, if the move is the right thing for you both then look forward and not back......it's a new adventure!

Started off so lovely and cool here this morning and the Jimster and I had a wonderful long post dawn walk without him needing water every five minutes. By lunchtime however, the heat was rising and all the clouds disappeared.

TW, hope you are okay and in fighting mood.

Just going to get a drink then will take a trip around the site
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm here, had my nap earlier. Had some lovely fresh mackerel for dinner. Really enjoyed it. I'm going to stick Davie in the bath to wash off the beach, then go in myself for the same reason.

Tomorrow I will be unpacking the rest of my stuff, then sunbathing, trying to get my legs brown instead of the peely waly colour they are just now.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey Sally...top gear fan
Lore, legs are hardest to get colour on.Mine are a bit lighter than the rest of me after holiday but its a great base for the false stuff!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Evening Sally just popped on while watching White Queen.

Still all Daz white.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Hello Lore, Lynn and Eileen............I am still Omo white on my legs Lynn! Don't care really because I am not going to be wandering around in a bikini any time soon and my summer skirts and dresses are long and floaty!!

Hmmmmm, Mackerel - love it. Well, love most fish actually.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Been watching the White Queen, looks like everyone else has as well, very quiet on here, just watching ITV+1 Law and Order which i also enjoy.
Yeah feeling a bit more like today, still getting the odd blip here and there, but I stand up again (well more or less)
Harvey, you could always come up Norf, we're really cheap in our Village
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >