Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes that will be lovely...brought her home this morning, she is now sitting with her Bandit, needed to get her home,

It's horrible here, no dog in the house, not been like that for many many yrs...
Oh poor you. I know that feeling so well. And even when it's not on your mind all the time you - open your front door and it hits you. No 4 legged welcoming committee. The thing I found hardest to get used to when I lost Charlie was not hearing her snore like a train all night long. Too quiet in the bedroom.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2013, 07:16 PM
I remember that feeling so very well, one reason why I have kept a daughter from both Cariad and Lona, then I will always have a part of them with me one way or another for a very long time to come.
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Heartbreaking to lose a loved pet. Heartbreaking that some pets are never loved at all. Millie was lucky to have you as you were lucky to have Millie. Will you be looking for another dog eventually?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Megsy View Post
Heartbreaking to lose a loved pet. Heartbreaking that some pets are never loved at all. Millie was lucky to have you as you were lucky to have Millie. Will you be looking for another dog eventually?
Yes, phoning about a imminent litter tomorrow, spoke to someone today who has two bitch puppies due to go now But it's to soon, he gave me a phone number of someone with a litter due, so if that goes well , it would be around 9 weeks.... Bit to long, but then what will be will be....
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, phoning about a imminent litter tomorrow, spoke to someone today who has two bitch puppies due to go now But it's to soon, he gave me a phone number of someone with a litter due, so if that goes well , it would be around 9 weeks.... Bit to long, but then what will be will be....
Difficult. How long does a person need to grieve? Varies, I suppose. Bit of a tribute to your previous dogs that you can't live without a dog. I've known people adamant that they wouldn't have another dog because they had had problems with one (whingers). Good luck.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Difficult. How long does a person need to grieve? Varies, I suppose. Bit of a tribute to your previous dogs that you can't live without a dog. I've known people adamant that they wouldn't have another dog because they had had problems with one (whingers). Good luck.
Believe me, Millie brought us a few problems throughout her10 1/2 yrs, but even though she had a few issues, I would not swap a second with her, and crave for a few more...
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Believe me, Millie brought us a few problems throughout her10 1/2 yrs, but even though she had a few issues, I would not swap a second with her, and crave for a few more...
Stop it - you're making me cry. xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Stop it - you're making me cry. xx
Sorry ...I am doing enough for both of us
Megsy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Too late....... xxx Are you getting the same breed?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Too late....... xxx Are you getting the same breed?
No, not this time round, hopefully if all goes well we will be getting a Portuguese water dog, but I can't see us without a Boxer for to long, maybe a bit later on we will rescue an oldie, as they deserve the best homes, and we can always find a corner for a needy boxer in the future, but for now a change I think .
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >