Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Brilliant Jackie knowing you won't have to worry about shopping when home so can spend all your time with Millie.
Pat this is going to end like the pool table saga but a tele.
Well done with the dress.

jenny the washing machine has stopped working. I took out all the coloured wash which had finished ready to hang out and put the whites in went to switch it on and nothing.
I have changed the fuse checked the fuses in the cupboard changed the plug from the socket from the washing machine into the socket that takes the tumbler still nothing and the tumbler is still working.
So my Sherlock head is telling me its the machine itself lets hope Gorden didn't cancel the washing machine insurance if he has kept it going they will come and fix it.
Its just amazing that it did the first wash no problems and then stopped dead.
Washing machine problems are DISASTERS for me. I dread that happening.

I've made him take it back saying I thought it best if he hangs onto both to decide whether he wants to persevere with 'older' one or what - waddever - get that telly out of my flat!

I like the dress - it's Per Una. Jen hasn't come back to me with her opinion after I emailed photos to her. But it was just on a hanger - looks better on.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh No Lynn, the washer going kerplunk is the End Of The World as we know it. There is a launderette within driving distance of me so when that has happened I have used that. Once got someone out to my indesit and he was trying to tell me it was no good and he could sell me another, no way could I have afforded another one and I had one of those gut instincts, so more or less forced him to take the back off.....the belt had snapped, he put a new one on saying he didn't know if it would work or not - it worked for the next 5 years actually, when it really went kerplunk I did get another one, because 8 years is a good innings the way my machines have to work. Hope the insurance is in force and you get it mended.
TaffsMum what about that place on the East Lancs, they do training at the weekend, you know where they rent the field out in the week, is it the Dog House or something like that.
Pat, how on earth are YOU supposed to move the telly????
oh....and I was the one who suggested M&S but it was for a hat because they have lovely weddingy type ones in England, maybe wait till you get over here?
It started raining heavily mid morning, but it had stopped so took Mabs and Keshi out, so it started again almost immediately of course. Very warm and I had my little wax jacket which has a little wax hat in its pocket, so was OK.
Had a play session, kept Mabs on a line which is working well because she is still doing the fantastic recalls till we want to go, when she comes halfway, sits....thinks better of it and walks away in the opposite direction, so I can now reel her in.
Raining quite heavily by the time we got in, but of course Cariad and Lona were looking like whipped puppies so they had to go out, we went on the river and played squeaky toy games for a while then came back because my trakkie bottoms were soggy.
Have had a nice shower and washed hair and am about to have chicken soup. I took some of my chicken vulture breasts out last night to defrost so they are having that for tea and there is a ginormous piece left for me, so of have got it ready with grated cheese and bacon on top, and it will go in the oven around 5. Just got to mop kitchen floor and get rid of paw marks then I will have a lazy afternoon
Chicken Vulture breasts? Hmmmm...

Yes I've decided even if I found one it would ruin it packing it and I am NOT going to sit on a plane with a hat on lol! But the dress does need 'setting off' a bit. Hat, chunky jewellery, nice bag etc. Shoes are not an issue - I can only wear one pair of 'dressy shoes' and that's the pair I bought in Wallis for Mart's wedding! I've already been told by Jen and Mart not to come in flips lol! I had to buy mule leather flips for Jen's graduation coz I had the broken toe and couldn't wear the ones I intended to! I love tormenting my kids - told 'em I've got a nice white rubber pair that look dressy to me!

I am prone on the sofa watching some classic movie about Van Gogh - Kirk Douglas. Hardly worth bothering to add Bella is ensconced on the daybed! She's dragged the unstuffed skunk up there with her for company! I tried really hard to bribe her to come and join me on the sofa - the unsociable little bint.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 04:38 PM
The dress sounds nice pat I like per una.
Well the funny thing is the washing machine is now working I reckon it must of got muddled like my brain at the moment.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Well I got a 2:2 in my degree. I KNOW I shouldn't be disappointed, I was expecting it, but I didn't realise how close I was to 2:1. Ah well, that's the end of that chapter!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Well I got a 2:2 in my degree. I KNOW I shouldn't be disappointed, I was expecting it, but I didn't realise how close I was to 2:1. Ah well, that's the end of that chapter!!
2.2 very respectable! Don't you dare be disappointed!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Congratulations you should be very proud.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Well done EnniS you have done really well and have nothing to feel bad about.
Pat the chicken vulture breasts are the chicken I get from the wholesalers, their chicken breasts are enormous, and I am sure they get them off vultures rather than chickens. I had 3 of them and everyone got a full dish out mixed with steamed veg out of 2 of them and I didn't even have to break into the 3rd, which became all mine and is now in a low oven. Off back to the wholesalers tomorrow as on my last bag of chicken wings which I get for 50p kg and have got orders from other people for them now!!!
I like PerUna as well, but it doesn't like me and never looks right on me for some reason, the sizing isn't right and stuff is either too tight in the wrong places or swamps me.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
CONGRATULATIONSyou've done really really well - you should be proud and delighted

Pat - Like you I love winding my sons up So Bella really appears to be delighted with her new HUGE bed

Lynn - I'm so pleased that your washing machine is working again Doesn't it make you look stupid though when you tell your OH something is broken and then they try it and it works straight away .... that has happened so many times to me over the years
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Well done EnniS you have done really well and have nothing to feel bad about.
Pat the chicken vulture breasts are the chicken I get from the wholesalers, their chicken breasts are enormous, and I am sure they get them off vultures rather than chickens. I had 3 of them and everyone got a full dish out mixed with steamed veg out of 2 of them and I didn't even have to break into the 3rd, which became all mine and is now in a low oven. Off back to the wholesalers tomorrow as on my last bag of chicken wings which I get for 50p kg and have got orders from other people for them now!!!
I like PerUna as well, but it doesn't like me and never looks right on me for some reason, the sizing isn't right and stuff is either too tight in the wrong places or swamps me.
You are making me laugh with those vulture breasts - you have insanely reminded me of my dad yonks ago when I'd been sent for pork chops. They were huge and he made me take them back to the butcher and say 'my dad said he didn't ask for dinosaur chops'

Thing about Per Una for me is that I think it is mostly 'understated' and, if you don't put the right accessories with it or stuff to 'liven it up a bit' it can look a bit just, well, day dress ish.

It does fit me well though. And I have trouble getting dresses that do as I am an 18 at the top and a 16 at the bottom (think my bum's shrunk!) I usually go for indian type flowy or sundressy stuff or stick to separates. But I wanted something more 'fitted' for the wedding. It's got one of those wrap over tops that twist at the waist and drape over a bit - good for hiding bumps and lumps!

Have to say I've been here on the M&S website and they've got MUCH more stuff on their UK site and helluva lot of it in the sale too - I've stuck two in my shopping basket already (but not paid yet). However Jen has come back to me now and says she thinks this is an excellent choice and her pals like it too.

So I will stop dithering. I've got shoes that go with it and it won't be hard to find a white or black hat.

*we've just returned from our evening meander where she met some 4 legged pals. No prizes for guessing where Bella has gone straight back to!

I'll never need to post any more photos of her now - just keep plonking in the one I took of her on her prize possession her IKEA DAY BED!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Evening all - rather wet and extremely windy here today, with just the odd glimpse of sun.

Going to have a read through the thread properly now, so see what's what, but I did spot that you did really well Emmis so massive congratulations to you
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
CONGRATULATIONSyou've done really really well - you should be proud and delighted

Pat - Like you I love winding my sons up So Bella really appears to be delighted with her new HUGE bed

Lynn - I'm so pleased that your washing machine is working again Doesn't it make you look stupid though when you tell your OH something is broken and then they try it and it works straight away .... that has happened so many times to me over the years
Well, all I can say is that you two are flipping lucky...........my OH would not even know how to turn the washing machine on, let alone select a programme
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >