View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Awwwww, I'm sure you're not fat and flabby Linda, it's that tumble dryer you've been using all winter that has shrunk everything, it does that (that's my excuse anyway!).

I've just pressure washed the whole of the front steps. They have white paint which has come up a treat on the edges, all the green gunk from the trees has been blasted off and they look fab now, and the little white wall going down either side, I'm well chuffed with that. Problem is, I think I've now blown up Dave's new Karcher pressure washer It went all funny on me, it starts off fine with its big spray, then as I go close up to clean it loses pressure, I have to keep letting go of the trigger to get it back again Typical, best piece of kit we've ever owned, I'm addicted to it, and it's all broke now I told Dave and he said it happened with him out the front cos the tap in the garage has to be turned on fully, but what with my luck, I didn't want to risk that, I only turned it half on for fear of it blowing off the tap and flooding his garage,. Our new doors are in there on the floor, plus all his tools, it doesn't bear thinking about Hey ho, I'll try it out the back again tomorrow and see if it's ok on that tap and then I don't have to worry about upsetting Dave.

I've got this huge crow in the garden, it came down and started eating Zena's dinner (kibble) from the lawn She didn't like that, so decided to woof it down herself, but he's still there mooching about looking. Horrible thing, reminds me of that film The Birds

Well, better go and sort out my green legs and hair now under the shower, then it's Corrie I hope? I've also gotta ring a friend back who rudely interrupted me whilst I was spraying the steps - why do they do that when they have all day to ring me As Dave said, it's never a good time to ring me though, I'm always up to something

Whilst in Asda this morning I bought two lovely chocolate choux buns filled with cream, mmmmm, better not eat both of them, I'll save one for tomorrow night methinks.

Hi to Sally and night night to you Moyra, good luck with the backs, mine will hurt tomorrow I'm sure.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Have had the TV unplugged all afternoon and then re-set it all again using the menu, yesterday I tried putting it back to the factory settings, nothing is working - it still only wants me to watch BBC upstairs all is fine and I can watch ITV, however I keep falling asleep when I am lay on the bed watching it
Youngest Son was due over today to collect what he had forgotten yesterday, but he never appeared, a good job I no longer wait in for him isn't it, then he wonders why I am never in when he DOES come over like he says he will I give up with the TV, I suppose I could bring my aerial down from upstairs, and see if it works with that, what a lot of faffing about...grrr.....
Been absolutely glorious here today, am getting a really good tan just sitting on the river with Cariad and Lona, will have to roll my trakkie bottoms up and do my legs I think.
Laptop fully charged so will take it back upstairs with me tonight, so's I don't miss anything
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Hello again Lorraine.
Evening Sally what a lovely surprise from Malka.
Poor Jimmi all worn out after his hedgehog hunting, he will more than likely be raring to go tomorrow.
Glad the garden is safe for the dogs for the weekend jenny.
Sounds like you have had another busy day Helena. I hope the new toy isn't broken.
I have noticed this year the crows coming nearer to the houses usually they stay a good distance away.
Cheeky thing nicking Zena's food.
Enjoy your cream bun you've earnt it.
Evening Linda oh no poor Carys and the swimming certificate I hope it is found tomorrow.
Helena's right its the tumble dryer that's to blame.

I have cleaned through the house today popped to Lidl and pimped the mince left over from yesterdays tea to go with spaghetti tonight.
Finished now for the day and relaxing and popping in and out of here.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:18 PM
No, 'tis true, the pounds have gone on and so easily too! Why is that then, yet it is so hard to get them off again?
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Me kissing the Blarney Stone lol. (& clinging on for dear life lol )Good job we went early the queues when we were coming out were horrendous. They probably had a two hour wait. We went straight in.

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Taffsmum well done, there will be no stopping you now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Ooooh that looks fun Lynne.

Sorry June missed you earlier. What a pain in the proverbial the tele is.
I am the same if I go up to bed to watch something I am asleep in minutes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
and pimped the mince
Sorry Lynn you've lost me there, yes I know it's probably a typo but I can't work it out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sorry Lynn you've lost me there, yes I know it's probably a typo but I can't work it out
Evening Harvey. We had beef mince last night to go with boiled potatoes and veg and there was some left over so tonight I added tinned toms, mushrooms and red peppers and put it with spaghetti. So I pimped my mince.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Either it means she's sent it out on the streets (as in ladies of the night), which I very much doubt, cos it might get done for mincing around out there, OR, it means she's blinged it up, cos Dave watches a programme called "pimp my ride" ..... don't ask!!! It's probably a typo then

POG, awwwww that darling little Twinkle, I sure would have had her in the twinkle of an eye wouldn't you, she made my cry when I first saw her

Night night all, off to bed to watch a bit of telly with Zena. She's tired tonight, she's been luffly and quiet for me I might keep up this twice a day cos it'll shed the pounds off me too.

Sleep tight all, see you all in the morning I hope.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >