View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm sorry to read this Malka (((hugs))). I remember going through periods with Binky where he would be seizure free and the heartbreak when the streak came to an end.

I hope you and Pereg are ok and that this is a one off.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Just popped in to say I hope you and Pereg have a good night and if you can manage to sleep well you will feel a bit more positive tomorrow. I know it must be a nightmare to live with and it is easy to say try not to worry but your health is a major part of Peregs welfare. Prayers and hugs to you both x
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
So sorry to hear of Pereg's seizure after such a long period. I do hope its been an isolated episode and that you both have a good night's rest tonight.
Pereg is such a lucky girl to have you to look after her - she is in the safest of hands.
Hugs to you both.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Oh Malka I know exactly how you feel. I hope that Pereg has had no more and that you both get a sleep tonight.

Do you use Rectal Diazepam? I had to start that again after the last lots of fits Loki took, which were 9-10 in total, to get the cycle to stop.

That was a lovely long rest period since her last ones but it is always a shock to the system when they take them.

Hugs to you, you do a brilliant job and cuddles to Pereg from me and Loki sends doggy hugs as well.

xx
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh, no. I'm so VERY,VERY sorry for you. I sure hope Pereg hangs in there and that you're able to stop them from becoming violent... or however it was before that has you so nervous about the future.

I don't know the back story, and I had no idea Pereg had epilepsy. We're all thinking of you and Pereg. Please try and keep us updated.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi Malka, So sorry to read that Pereg had a GM after such a long break from them. I know you will stay strong for her but you must take care of yourself, too. I hope all the best for both of you and that this turns out to be something that won't happen again for a very long time.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Oh Malka I know exactly how you feel. I hope that Pereg has had no more and that you both get a sleep tonight.

Do you use Rectal Diazepam? I had to start that again after the last lots of fits Loki took, which were 9-10 in total, to get the cycle to stop.

That was a lovely long rest period since her last ones but it is always a shock to the system when they take them.

Hugs to you, you do a brilliant job and cuddles to Pereg from me and Loki sends doggy hugs as well.

xx
No - I do not know if rectal Diazepam is available here but Pereg's initial clusters always had a couple of hours in between, not back-to-back. And it would be physically [not psychologically] impossible for me to insert a rectal Diazepam because even though Pereg is not so big, you know how strong they are in a full-blown GM. And although I can type OK my hands are virtually useless.

This last GM was a typical GM but slightly less violent as her previous ones have been, some of which were horrendous - I mean she lost bladder control this time but not bowel control, and did not express her anal glands. Good thing as she was on my bed and pee'd through covers etc. In the past she has poo'd all over my feet and sprayed the contents of her anal glands all over the place. Phew, wotta pong that was!

OK - we had one year and 177 days seizure-free which was wonderful, but it never goes away, does it. So she had another Grand Mal - and so today we are back to Day 1. So what. She is still my beloved Pereg - she is still my girl. Epi or not, she is my beloved Pereg who I love so very much.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:49 AM
So glad she and you had a seizure free night x x and here's to many more x x x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
So glad she and you had a seizure free night x x and here's to many more x x x
It happened. I knew that sooner or later the Monster would rear its ugly head again but an so grateful that it kept away for so long.

Thank you for being online and talking to me when I was so upset.

(((hugs))) xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:34 AM
You are correct there, Malka, they never go away. I know exactly how you feel - it is hard for us seeing our beloved pets in a fit. We never "get used" to it, do we?

Loki's fits are not nearly as severe as they once were - she would take 39 fits in two days, and twice I had to get her hospitalised!

Heartbreaking but we love our pets and Pereg feels you love.

Hope Pereg has a fit free day today and they are now over for a long time to come.

Loki had a fit free year and 2 months as well, then they came back.

Hugs and cuddles to Pereg and thinking of you as well xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >