View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I do hope that this test throws up some helpful results, so that you can put the whole thing to bed with some treatment if necessary.

TW, I have heard that too but do wonder if it is an excuse for people not to go on a diet
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Sally and June - that is true that if you cut your food intake hugely your body thinks it is being starved and it will retain as much fat as it can. To diet one needs to still eat but just lots of veggies and low fat/carbs. One of my sons is a nutritionist ..... its just a shame I don't put into practise what I've been taught
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Poor Meg - hope the skin scrapes arent too upsetting for her on Friday. I'm sure she will forgive you, mum, when she is back home on Friday evening
Hugs to you both x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Thanks all
I do hope we get to the bottom of it,vet said now we've ruled out the thyroid etc we need to start at the bottom and work up,skin scrapes,allergy testing,food intolerances etc etc.
So again I guess it's wait and see
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Meg had her Skin scrapes done yesterday and she was such a good girlie,vet said the results will be back sometime next week with a couple taking a little longer,she also said they may very well come back negative,but we will cross that bridge when we get to it,it's puzzling though because there is no inflamation and no itching which you would expect if it's a parasite of some sort. She didn't need a G/A or sedating,she just stood there and let them get on with it and obviously been deep scrapes they made her skin bleed in 3 places.Vet said she has an excellent temperament and most dogs need sedating,she was so good the vet gave her a scooby snack treat lol She enjoyed her cuddles and food when we got home x For now we carry on with the AB's while waiting for the results
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Oh well done for being such a good girl Meg! I do hope that something is found that is the cause of the problem so it can be sorted - sometimes negative results do not help, do they, as they do not give any answers so cannot come up with a cure.

Cuddles for Meg and (((hugs))) for you. xx
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Well done Meg, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Sal.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh bless her. Give her another hug from me. Fingers crossed you get to the bottom of it soon.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Oh well done for being such a good girl Meg! I do hope that something is found that is the cause of the problem so it can be sorted - sometimes negative results do not help, do they, as they do not give any answers so cannot come up with a cure.

Cuddles for Meg and (((hugs))) for you. xx
Thanks I did mention this to the vet,negative results really won't be helpful but then at least we know we have ruled out different things it could be,vet did say it may be environmental or hormonal too

Originally Posted by Stamford View Post
Well done Meg, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Sal.
Thank you,

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Oh bless her. Give her another hug from me. Fingers crossed you get to the bottom of it soon.
Thank you,

She really doesn't like the vets,when I dropped her off and the nurse took her she kept turning round and looking back at me,I felt awful,she is generally well behaved when she goes to the vets though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Big (((hugs)) for Meg for being such a good girl it doesn't sound pleasant.
I hope they can get to the bottom of the problem soon.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >